Chapter 38

" How long would it take?", Rita asked seeing Sidharth enter her room. It was already the time and they were getting late to the party they were hosting. Of course it wasn't an office party,but people important to Sidharth were invited and that included his regular and important clients apart from the family and friends.

"The designer took time, just give her ten minutes!", he answered walking to his mother who gave out a sigh of exhaustion, folding the page of the book she was reading as a bookmark
"Look at you, you're so well dressed!", he added, complimenting her bending down to her level to place a kiss at her forehead.

"Why did you have to call her to the party? Aaj jo hua, uske baad you should be careful with her. You understand that, it wasn't really a very sane reaction?" ,she asked stretching her hand to make him sit on the bed with her."There would people, are you sure you trust her with the party? What if she does something? Remember the first time we saw her, in that restaurant?",she added placing her hand in his, recalling the time they had sen her scream at her family.

"What do you mean mom? What do you think happened? Do you think she's insane?", he spoke a little agitated, pulling his hand out of her grip."At least have some empathy!"

"Empathy! Exactly beta. That's what I am doing. On you. I have told you a billion times, I could see shadows in her . And now, see I was right. Shes is a shadow and you are chasing her. Mai nahi chahti ki tu chalte chalte uske adhere me kho jae. Aur mai kuch na bolo toh bhi kya? If she has an episode of whatever it was ? Toh? What are people going to say about you and her? Usko bahar nikalne layak nhi rakhege!"

" Don't worry about her mom. Aap jitna soch sakte, us se bhot lamba waqt kaata hai usne is sab k saath. I am sure pehle baar toh woh pretend nahi karegi. Uske ghar me bhot hai, jin log ne usko, sahi smile karna sikhaya hoga! Shes pretty good at that. Pretending!" He asnwered back movinv out of the room.

"Ready?", Sidharth asked seeing her setting her hair right.

"I still don't think its a great idea! I don't think I should be going to the party." She spoke turning around to see him. Dressed in a black slip dress with a plunging V neckline with a lean thread going behind her neck to hold the fabric in the place.Her hair tied into a bun, with a few strands of those circling her face to the back of neck.
The little hoop earrings studded in diamonds shone against the dress.

Seeing her he felt his breath hitch. The way in which she had her entire back visible to his eyes did something. Those small lean strings that were tied only at her lower back, were a subtle tease.

With a voluntary intention he curved a side of his lips into a sly smile." Why do you dress like this?", he asked pulling her to him, as he sat on the bed, with her still standing between his legs

"Dress like what?"She asked as he pulled her into his lap.

"Like this? Intentional hai kya? Do you dress to kill, like on purpose? " ,he spoke as his index finger brushed from the top of her neck, moving sideways along her neck and then to her arms.

"What time are we leaving?", she asked ignoring his question, as he dug is face into her neck, while she tilted a little to give him access as he used the fingers of his other hand to rub her nape gently, making her curl her toes.

"Use your tongue!", she commanded placing her hand over his on her neck, as the well lit lights of the room shone on them, both wearing a similar black.

Hearing her command him like that,he held the skin between his thumb and index finger and pressed a little, pinching it, ensuring it wasn't hard enough to leave marks.

"Kutta Sidharth!",she snapped, hitting over his head, making him smile at his victory.

"Abhi make up haina, let's come back, then I can have you for my birthday present. Tabhi I shall use my teeth as well!',he spoke patting at her bottom, asking her to get up.