Chapter 8

They walked over to the room . His room ,all tired .

"God I have never been this sleepy this time of the night",she said walking over into the room.

"Come here!", he said stretching his arm ,indicating her to get into his arm,while she placed her phone on charging.

" Hey !", she said
Placing her head on his bicep.

She walked over to the bed ,moving to his arm.

" What do you do ? As in what work do you do to have this? " she said looking at the ceiling of the room.

" Construction. Core as well as designing.My dad established the company ,I got it as inheritance."

" Your dad?"

" Yes ! He's been long gone .", he said passing out a sigh.

" Hmmm...", she spoke.He turned his head ,taking a glance at her,still looking at the ceiling .It was almost entirely dark ,but for the ambiance light.
She was strange , she did not say sorry for what he had confessed, no condolences hidden in apologies . She did not feel apologetic ,as if death wasn't a point of apology.He was fascinated by that .

"So your parents?" ,he asked, as his arm curled up around her head. His fingees went into her hair ,feeling the texture ,smooth and straight. He loved how they felt so cold and lustrous.

"They live in Delhi. Both doctors .", she answered ,closing her eyes as his hands felt like incoming sleep.

"Doctors make doctors! Doctors marry doctors and then their children are doctors ,who get married to doctors to make mire doctors.You guys are the definition of nepotism " he joked

She let out a small laughter ,turning to his side facing him. "Actually, i am a fourth generation doctor in my family ,both maternal and paternal!"

"What the fuck!"

Sidharth had fallen asleep while holding her in the arm . Shenaaz though did feel heavy with sleep ,it wouldn't come to her ,not while she shared the bed,or had another soul breathing in the room.She quietly drifted to the corner of the bed.

"Shehnaaz, you aren't able to sleep . Do you want me to provide you with another quilt ?" ,he questioned as he felt her move apart.He had a slight hint about her discomfort to sleep in his presence

"Can you ?" ,she whispered back.

He got up , taking another quilt for her.

"Yeh le !", he said passing her the quilt.
She extended her arm to take it into her hands , finally covering her up .

"Should I sleep in another room ?", he questioned her back ,once settled.

"I am sorry ", she said, looking towards what she could barely see of him ,extending an arm of hers for him to reach out for her hand and grab it. Sometimes safety instincts are so deeply inscribed into you ,that  they and you are one!

"Don't be !", he spoke, entangling a finger with hers.

Sometimes bliss is simple.Being yourself. Letting your inner soul express itself in its most vulnerable forms ,is bliss.
.

"Come here,  tau ji's got you chocolates !" He said just when she entered the dining area ,where the rest of her family had been sealed.

" wow ! So big I love those!", she said getting into his lap.A carefree child at 6 .

"And I love my baby doll !', the man said planting a kiss at her cheek.

The man moved her slightly and discreetly, adjusting her ,so that his erection could poke into her flesh,over the clothes.