Chapter 45

Shehnaaz placed a hand at her chest, rubbing over the fabric, she knew she was losing in breath. Her breathing was unstable, for that man had pressed too hard on her neck, strangulating her. She was still gasping, trying to breathe properly. As the hand rubbed over her chest,  she closed her eyes tight, creasing at the edges, her body steadied against the side if the car, while she sat stuck to the floor of the parking.

The man took a step back and waited, looking at her while she rubbed over her chest, looking keenly. And then just as she started to gain back her composure, he stepped towards her . Shehnaaz could see his polished black Scrivani Derby shoes moved towards her. Shehnaaz looked at those through the horror filled in her eyes, she panicked and tried gathering herself up. But he was quicker and came down to her, close to her face, very close., looking into her eyes.

"Baby, Guida! Shehnaaz!", he spoke, whispering the words into her face and taking a deep sniff off her neck, while she fisted her hands into a tight clutch.
"My fucking foot! You and your parents can try as much as possible,  but you will not outrun me. I will chase to the end of the world, ladki", he spoke, his hands gripping her face tight. "The moment you try to be okay, I will visit you and make sure you remember me and you remember everything.  I am the fucking nightmare of your life. And the will not rest till you turn insane enough to pull your hair out with your own fucking hands. I want you and your family to suffer. They should see you suffer and the pain to see you turn mad must ache them to the end. To the every life that you people would be born to. "

Long after he was gone Shehnaaz still stood there, in the parking. Not knowing how to gather herself back. She was a blessed woman. Born into one of the richest families of Delhi, she had every thing anyone could ever dream of. Not only that she was blessed with an intelligence of dimensions much higher than the majority. She had a kind heart and had been brought up with empathy and strong will. " You are a good soul. May all your dreams come true." People would often bless her . But little did they tell her, that nightmares too were dreams. She sat there looking at a distant end, wondering what wrong did she do earn this?  How does the law of karma work in such cases. Surely it was her own doing? Maybe some other life? Her trance was broken by the ringing of her phone. She looked at the screen, it was one of her colleagues.

"Shehnaaz, yrr you said you will be back in an hour kaha hai?", the guy asked from over the phone. She had been asked by her advisor to attend the night duty, but she had left her laptop in the apartment, hence the parking lot.

"Yeah i know. If you could please stay for one more hour. Please as a favor, I'll be there by 11.", she spoke getting up, picking her phone up. She got into the passenger seat, and shut the door. Her finger  clicked on the engine switch, while the other hand wiped the tears off her face.

"Shehnaaz tayyar ho ja putt, ki karna tu einj aithe beh k. Lai kapde fadd." ( Shehnaaz get ready. What would you do sitting here. Take these and get ready). Parminder spoke pulling out clothes from the wardrobe.

The family was attending a party in the  neighborhood. But Shehnaaz was being a petulant child. She lay on the bed, wearing a t shirt and shorts, playing call of duty.

" Kaato ah bandooka, bomb  ah sab vekhdi rehndi aa. Ki karna, assassin banana?" ( Why do you keep playing with guns, bombs. What do want to grow up into? Assassin. ) her mother hit her playfully on her head, smiling.

"Ki aa Amma! " ( What mom). Shehnaaz turned around, pouting. " You go i will be absolutely fine and very importantly if I am bored, I would go to Miraal."