II : New Beginnings

Friday, 12th June 2009

Clint, Maria and Natasha were in their Quinjet with several other agents. Natasha had kept her words with the mysterious German assassin. They were on their way to Siberia where Irmina had been for the last three years.

"Couldn't it be a trap?" Clint voiced as he set the Quinjet on autopilot. Maria looked over to Clint and then to Natasha, who was glaring at her best friend. The agent who co-pilot with Clint pretended that he wasn't there. "What? I'm just saying what we all are thinking."

"We have kept track of the activities of her location. The last time there was movement was three years ago."

"It's abandoned. Plus, if she wanted to kill any of us, she would have done it three years ago." Maria voiced as she checked her firearm. Clint checked on his bow and arrows, and Natasha checked on her bites and firearm. "Easy for her."

"Extremely easy," Natasha rephrased.

"King. A Nazi General from World War Two, who happens to be the only person with more kills than the Winter Soldier. Or anyone else. Fun." Clint whined, receiving smack from Natasha.

"She trained me after my graduation." Clint choked on his drink as Maria faltered with her equipment checks. The agent choked on his saliva as he tried to look away from Natasha. Natasha finally figured out why she felt familiar with her. Natasha fidgeted with her firearm while Clint and Maria waited for her to explain. "I've never seen her face. She trained me for a month, and she was gone. Back into ice, as they said. She had no memory of who I am."

"If Fury didn't want us to recruit her, he would have ordered to kill her." Maria reasoned as she stretched herself.

"We're here." One of the agents said as he took over the controls.

"Damn, it's fucking cold here." Maria expressed as she stepped onto the snow. Natasha breathed the cold air as she checked on her tracker. The seven agents with them checked the area for any danger or traps, but there were none; not even a single soul was there.

Maria led the way to where Irmina was. She was in the cave with nothing. No security or equipment. They walked further in and found a cryostasis. One body in it. The body of Irmina König. Her stats and conditions were perfect. Her face was covered. Maria ordered the two agents to figure out how to get her out alive. Natasha checked every cave pocket with Clint, finding files and technology here and there until she found a box with King painted red. She opened it to see her set of clothes, files, katanas and suit.

"What did you find—"

"Use non-lethal!" Maria ordered as she watched Irmina take down two of her agents. One agent shot a taser at her, but she just took it off and glared. She took him down as well as the other two.

There was no intent to kill except to escape.

Irmina looked up to Natasha, who was pointing her love bites at her. Maria stood back with Natasha and Clint, trying to figure out how to knock her out without serious injuries. One agent pointed his firearm at Irmina, but she took it out of his hands and snapped it in half. Clint shot an exploding arrow to the ground. Irmina was thrown back by the explosion; she got up, her mind fuzzy as she scanned the familiar redhead.