XXV: Like Real People Do

a/n

a/n

Irmina Konig is a Hozier's girl

13 November 2011

Anna is quite interested in watching Irmina work during the Volkstrauertag, the National Day of Mourning. She would usually visit the graves of her parents with her grandmother when this day came around. But she decided to move that day to the day before, with Irmina bringing her.

Irmina dreaded having to go to the speech, but she was forced to. As much as she respected the men and women who laid their lives for the nation, that doesn't mean she had to stand with the president as he gave a speech when she could drink in their names.

"Oh, who is this gorgeous girl?" Irmina teased, seeing Anna fix her dress and hair.

"Shut up," Anna whined.

"That's rude, and I told you to wear something more comfortable."

"But today is for us to remember the soldiers who fought for us. For me to have this future," Irmina smiled at the kid, helping her with her hair. "And giving you."

Irmina smiled, on the verge of tears, while Adelaide looked at her boss with the biggest smile. Anna wrapped her arms around Irmina's body, hugging as tightly as she could.

"Come on, boss. You'll be late."

"Be awesome."

"Thank you; I'll see you later."

Irmina placed a kiss on Anna's head and pushed Adelaide away, who was eagerly waiting. The Colonel led them away to where the rest of the soldiers were standing, getting ready with the last few fixes to their uniforms.

"Are you sure I can stand here?"

"Nope. You're supposed to stand there, but we still have time to relax."

"Wait...you're marching?"

"I'm giving the flowers."

"I heard the Queen of England is here too."

"Well, that kind of thing is hard to keep under wraps."

"So she is here."

"Apparently so."

"Anna!" Marlene gestured for her to join her with her son. The two teenagers will stick together as their adults do their respective jobs. As everyone muttered among themselves, respectful as usual during the ceremony,

—.—

"Lieutenant General König, may I have a word with you?" Queen Elizabeth II literally spoke to another person who was not in her entourage. Irmina slowly turned to her and recognized that small smile on her cousin's face.