XXXII : Cynically Sweet

a/n - not much typo check, sorry and i will apologise for being a little late

4th January 2013

Never in a million years did Natasha think she would be scaling down the Burj Khalifa with Irmina, who is always doing everything with ease. They are going to be pissed off to find a window missing tomorrow morning.

In an awfully dimly lit room filled with screens, Commander Hill sits still with an unwavering gaze as she monitors everything inside the building like a damned hawk for anything out of place while also putting fake footage in so nothing can be collected.

"You are enjoying this, aren't you?"

A string of laughter was heard, which made Maria and Natasha smile. Irmina is only here to be the human riot shield, and Natasha is all ballerina. The older woman only took the job because it had been three months since they had seen each other.

They always missed each other when they were sent on a mission. Anna had to be the bringer of bad news, and when she had to go back to school, they had to find it out themselves.

"She just left an hour ago."

"Fuck's sake," Irmina whispered under her breath, loosening her tie. Anna could see the annoyance on her shoulders as she took off her shoes. The teenager doesn't know if they will continue with the reservation. "I'll go shower, so get ready."

"She was called on a diplomatic mission." Natasha let out a huff as her duffle bag hit the floor and noticed that her boots were gone from their usual spot.

"Mina?" Natasha called, dropping her keys into the cute little ceramic bowl Anna had made in one of her art classes. Tossing her duffle bag to the side as she struggled with her boots. Without realising that Irmina's keys were gone, she went to her office and hoped to find her girlfriend. A little note and Irmina's credit card on the table were the only things that she could find. "Пиздец."

Rebuilding the crumbling military to how she sees fit—a military powerhouse—takes a lot more time than the both of them would like.

"I missed you a lot," her voice muffled behind the mask and took Natasha by surprise. Usually, she doesn't say much or anything personal. The flirting was not personal—just mindless. "Like so damn much."

"Is that why you took this?"

"Maybe."

The famous Black Widow's smirk made her appearance while they continued scaling down the tallest building in the world.

"The office better be clear, Commander."

"It is clear," Maria scoffed, her shoulders tensing as she continued with her hacking. "Two guards are entering."