IV : Family

Sunday, 14th June 2009

Irmina's eyes jolt open, and she gasps for air. She hated being out of the ice because her nightmares were way worse and annoying to control when she woke from them. Irmina curled into a ball, hand over her mouth, trying to calm herself from the attack and the other hand held tightly to her katanas.

Natasha woke up to her own nightmare and suddenly felt a breeze. Irmina was trying to get out. Irmina turned to look at the two agents, and she couldn't see that Natasha was awake.

Irmina whispered something to herself as she climbed out the window, pulling her hood up. She shut the window and jumped, somehow landing with a soft thud. She looked to the sky and took everything, calming herself down from that stupid nightmare.

Natasha followed the German; she wrote a message, placed it by Maria's nightstand, and jumped out of the window as Irmina did. Natasha followed, climbing, running, and jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

Following a super soldier with stamina that no ordinary person can match, even Olympic marathon runners can't match her, is the worst anyone could do.

Irmina knew someone was following her, she could hear their light footsteps, but she couldn't pinpoint who it was. She decided to continue the chase for a while to lose them without a fight. 

Maybe she should pick her speed, but whoever it was felt familiar.

So she threw a knife at their feet.

Natasha paused as the moonlight hit her hair. Irmina raised her eyebrow and smirked, impressed that Natasha didn't even break a sweat chasing after her. Irmina walked towards her and took off her hood.

"How's the exercise, Romanov?" Irmina laughed as she picked up the knife by her feet.

"Not bad, König." The way Natasha says her name does something to Irmina. Natasha gave her a kick to the shin and scolded, "Throwing a knife? And where did you get the knife?" Irmina winched and shrugged as she placed her knife under her sleeve.

"Why are you awake and out?" Irmina said as she scanned her eyes up and down Natasha's body, and Natasha did the same with hers.

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Probably the same reason as yours about being awake but for being out, I needed a breather."

"With your katanas?"

"You know I always have them with me, but if you didn't realise, Romanov, I left one behind," Irmina smirked, showing her katana. The green eyes clashed with the blue eyes under the moonlight as Natasha's lips curled up into her signature smirk and closed the distance between them. "You won't miss me. I'm always coming back to you." Irmina whispered, starting to flirt.

"Well, you better. Chasing after you is such a hassle." Natasha sighed with a smile, but that smile faded when the two assassins heard a scream. Irmina looked at Natasha; they were thinking of the same thing.