XXXI : The Great Gig in the Sky

a/n - i hope yall dont miss me too much or annoyed that i have been MIA for the last month

a/n - i hope yall dont miss me too much or annoyed that i have been MIA for the last month. i sincerely apologise for that, i have been truly exhausted with everything. so now, hopefully, i can update this and the other book every other week. 

if you read both books, i am very grateful and thank you all for your patience. 

welcome back darlings.

also no typo check, sorry

6th September 2012

'Please wake up.'

The same words ran through Natasha's head as she stared blankly at the cryogenic tube. Irmina looked so peaceful which made Natasha wished that the words in her head don't come true.

'I need you.'

She had spent three days and three nights in the lab, waiting for Irmina to wake up. One of the Dora Milaje, Ayo, has been taking care of the Redhead—bringing her food, a change of clothes and blankets to keep her warm. Her food barely touched, and she had stayed in the same spot after changing her clothes.

"Agent Romanoff? I've brought food for you."

Ayo sighed, to find Natasha asleep as she placed the food by the table. Before a spike in Irmina's heart rate which the computers registered and woke the Assassin up. All the scientists in the lab were panicking as they have never expected this to happen.

"Get her out!" Ayo shouted in Xhosa at the scientists. Irmina was banging on the surface. gasping for air. She hated tight spaces. Natasha placed her hand on the glass, trying to make Irmina focus on her but she was disoriented out of her mind. Ayo had to drag Natasha away from the tube as she heard the metal creaking and the glass shattering, with how much strength Irmina was punching the door—that honestly shocked everyone.

It took a lot of effort from Irmina to break while the scientist were troubled with system errors and damages, thanks to their Nightmare. Ayo said fuck it and used her spear to pry the door open.

The hissing sounds of the machine wiring while what seems to be liquid nitrogen seeped out from the openings. Irmina pushed the door open, falling as she dragged the mask and several life supports pumps with her to the ground.

Natasha was the first by her side, only to be pushed away. The woman insisted to be by her side and finally, helping to rid of her body of everything the scientists used to keep track of her life.

"Mina," Natasha whispered, holding back her tears when Irmina was holding on the heart, with her breathing rapidly increasing and Maria entered the lab. She knew what she needed to do. "I got you, I got you."

She had Irmina's head burrowed into her neck while Maria quietly sneaked behind Irmina, for a quick injection to knock the Lieutenant General. The older woman was slowly losing her vision when Maria had injected her with the Bushida's serum. Her breathing calmed down as her muscles become lax and the pain numbed down to nothing. Natasha continue to cradle Irmina's in her arms—slowly losing consciousness while Ayo ordered the scientists around before calling a doctor in with her General.