XXVII : The Avengers [part one]

a/n - if there are typos, i apologised

4th May 2012

"What the hell?" Irmina whispered, watching as a psychopath dragged a guy onto the table before pulling out a device and stabbing it into his eye.

"Ja Generallautenant."

Irmina had her katana in hand as she stood among the crowd before being forced to kneel. She checked on the old man beside her, and she could tell he was going to revolt.

"Not to men like you," he said, standing his ground as the God retorted.

The moment he had the staff pointed at him, Irmina stood up, and she unsheathed her katana before Captain American blocked the hit.

"Oh great, the Stars and Stripes are here."

"We have more important matters at hand, Lieutenant General."

"Oh yeah? I can't joke now?"

"Generallautenant!" Marlene whispered and shouted for her, behind a pillar. Irmina sighed, trotting to the Captain, kneeling on the floor with a duffel bag. "Sorry, my leg is hurting more than I can handle so I wouldn't be much use."

Steve went all patriotic as he took slow steps toward the Demi-God, quite a number recognised Irmina, in a heartbeat, she was the only military leader, actually doing something for their military and country. As they awaited her signal to run for their lives, Loki grinned menacingly at the two.

"The Soldier and the King—" Irmina furrows, knowing the latter name was meant for her. Someone is telling Loki everything, someone S.H.I.E.L.D. "—The Man out of time and the Woman lost in time."

"I'm not the one who's out of time."

Perfect timing as the Quinjet descends before stopping right above them.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down."

"No no, it's okay. You watch my back, stay here."

Natasha's voice beamed out from the PA system making Irmina smile as she looked up. The Quinjet dodged the beam from Loki's sceptre and Steve attacked the God.

"Is that you, Doll?"

"Stop with the names," Natasha retorted, smirking and Irmina could hear that.

"Wait, did you say Loki?"

"Yes, I did."

"The Norse God?"

"Asgardian."

"Huh," Irmina pushed the Captain when he almost collided with a civilian before assisting him. He was struggling which is no good. In heels and dress, she ran for the Shield, also landing some hits on the God. "Shield!"