XXVIII : The Avengers [final part]

4th May 2012

4th May 2012

"Phil Coulson died, still believing in that idea. In heros." Fury said, turning to Irmina who only frowned.

"I'm not a hero."

"He thought you were the best." Fury reminded him, placing his hand on his shoulder as Irmina stood up, in disbelief and confusion. She will never believe in herself for being a hero and is confused as to why Coulson disappeared after a minute of their conversation. She couldn't call for him.

And all she could think about was finding Natasha.

"Nat!" Irmina ran to the infirmary after one of her shadows told her where she was. Just her location, nothing about her condition.

"In here!" Natasha smiled, witnessing Irmina just running the room. Watching her staggering back and into the room only made her laugh. "Hi."

"All good?" Irmina breathed, finally not holding her breath, as her mask and hood dropped. Natasha nodded as she was engulfed in a comforting hug.

"All good. You found me."

"I'll always find you."

"Hello? I'm here too."

"Shut up, Dickhead."

"Fair."

Irmina pulled away, checking Natasha for any injuries, even if it was a small cut that would not affect the American in any way. Natasha just let go of whatever she wanted as she placed her hand on Irmina's heart.

"I'm good."

"You're good."

"You know, she single-handled the Hulk."

"Nonsense, I'm pretty sure he wasn't holding ba—"

"Time to go." Steve walked in, full of command, and Irmina stood up, groaning in annoyance and blocking out his voice as she prepped her stuff. Clint informed me that he could fly the jet, and Steve looked at Natasha, receiving a nod. All three of them looked at Irmina, knowing she could help more than she could ever know during the big fight.

"I like New York enough."

— :3 —

"Careful of the roofs, Hawkeye."

"Shut up, Shadow."

"Ew, please don't tell me that's my nickname, is it?"

Natasha nodded in response, while Steve witnessed the dynamics of the assassins.

"We gotta change that; that's my name in the military."

"Let's combine S.H.I.E.L.D. and the Army, Shadow King."

"That's even worse, Clint; no wonder your name stinks."

"I like it."

Irmina let out a groan, tapped her fingers for her mask to cover her face, and pulled up her hood. The four of them looked at the doorway to space in their skies as a swarm of aliens flowed through. Irmina had an automatic rifle snapped onto her back with her katanas.