XIV : Lieutenant General König

8th May 2010

8th May 2010

Lieutenant General Irmina König.

That was what the World will be calling her.

Generalleutnant König.

That was what her Army Forces Command was calling her.

It was surreal.

And her service uniform was something different. That is something for sure.

Her shoulder strap had red and yellow sewn, lacing it and grey being its main base colour. Three golden buttons and two leaves at the end of it. Basic white neatly ironed and buttoned-up shirt with a black tie under her light grey service jacket. The collar of the jacket had deep red gorget patches with gold decorative stitching. Dark grey, close to black, trousers and black shoes, way too shiny to her liking. Inner piping of gold braid, medals and a deep red beret with a gold device on it, to show she was 'Special Operations Forces' to top it off.

That's the only way they can put her in. She was in a special unit.

And her office was fancy. Fancier than Maria's. She was impressed and all she had to do was to fill it with her personal stuff. Her nameplate was a shiny black base and gold lettering and lining.

'GenLt. Irmina A. König.'

A knock on her office door and she answered, a woman in a similar uniform entered, except with lesser medals, the shoulder straps saying she was ranked Captain, silver piping and an ash-grey beret. Her collar had branch colour patches. The Army still uses the Waffenfarben colour scheme to indicate tropp types. 

And the Captain here is with the Army Aviation Corps. 

"Morgen Generalleutnant König. Captain Marlene Ackerman at your service." She saluted in perfect posture as she should.

Irmina saluted back with a smile and waved for her to be at ease. "Right. Your file is impressive and I hoped this job is fine with you. They insisted that I have an assistant."

"I am perfectly fine with the job Generalleutnant König. It was better than any other jobs they had offered months ago or I would have left the service." Irmina laughed in response, fixing her beret that wasn't to her liking and her neatly braided hair.

"I looked better with the cap. Does this look right?" Irmina whined as she checked her beret through the mirror.

"Ja Generalleutant."

"That must be a mouthful to say," Irmina scoffed softly before looking at her shiny shoes, frowning and disappointed.

"Something wrong?"

"Do we have matte shoes? This doesn't match in any sense and I like the matte shoes way more." Marlene smiled at how adorable her boss was and headed to where the pair of shoes she wanted was. Irmina accepted grateful, sitting on a sofa and changing out her shoes.