XXIV : The Beach

a/n

a/n

i would like to apologise again for the unannounced break, i didn't know i needed it this much. i am alive and well. will upload as i intended. 

this chapter is an apology. it is short i know.

better ones coming soon because i know i havent write to my usual standard

5th July 2011

"Like old times eh?" Irmina commented, walking onto the landing strip while Maria smirked at her and Natasha scoffed after hearing her voice. Hiding the enjoyment of finally hearing Irmina's voice, just a few metres away. 

"She's the special agent?"

"What? Princess, don't you miss me?"

"Not even a little bit."

Maria scoffed while Irmina pretended to be offended, standing in front of Natasha. The Russian turned away, being called by Fury and Irmina followed after hearing her name too. The two walked side by side, talking about heading to the bar later on after the briefing while Maria reported to Fury. Irmina did not like how a certain agent staring at Natasha.

Irmina is a hypocrite and she doesn't even realise it.

"This—" Fury shoved a file into her, bringing her back to their world. "—is important. Don't mess it up, Agent King."

"Now I'm tempted." Irmina opened the file, wondering why is it so important that they needed her. Natasha spilt off and Irmina noticed, the Redhead had her attention somewhere else. Maria smirked, noticing the twitch in her eyebrows. Fury looked at his commander because it was clear that jealousy seeped out of Irmina.

"Remember, this is important."

"A rescue? You could have anyone else to do this. Clint could do this with ease."

"He's on something else important."

"Don't tell me he's protecting the Tesseract."

"You never told me about what that means to you," Fury responded, not even surprised that she knew about that.

"Remember how the Nazi was so desperate to find it?" Irmina reminded, closing the file and entering the elevator.

"They found it and did experiments," Fury answered.

"I was the lab rat."

The doors shut, such good timing with no room for questioning.

"Read through her files again Hill."

"Yes, Director."

-.-

The Bartender smiled when she noticed Irmina glaring at a guy who was flirting with the Redhead, she often saw them come together.