VI : Somewhat Trouble

Tuesday, 16th June 2009

It took a lot of convincing by the Bushida family while Irmina watched with Micheal, very entertained. Micheal couldn't care where Irmina slept; his job was to be in charge of travelling. For the other two, not so much. Maria and Natasha had come up with almost the same few reasons why the three female agents should share a room or their rooms to be close to one another.

'It's our job to look after her.'

'We were supposed to be close to her at all times.'

'She's not out of the clear yet.'

In the end, the Busidas won, and Irmina got her old room with the rest of the Bushida family on the left side, while the agents got the guest suite on the right. The wide proximity was not to Maria's and Natasha's liking, but they had to trust the Bushida's words.

They knew Irmina better than anyone.

Irmina decided to help with the tournament. She changed from her sleeping clothes into her Kyudo uniform, the all-black. She woke up earlier than everyone else because she only needed 2-3 hours of sleep, thanks to the serum in her body. Sometimes, she didn't need sleep for 72 hours, at most 96 hours.

She had about three hours before dawn. And the house staff would be up in an hour. The General raided the kitchen to make breakfast for the staff as a nice gesture. No one really cooked for them except for themselves.

Irmina was just cooking a simple breakfast; she knew what they liked. Well, for most of them, those who have been here for years. A simple Japanese breakfast could be too much work for most people, but Irmina liked cooking in general, so it wasn't much of a hassle.

Before she started cooking, she went to set up for the tournament. Housekeeping duties. Irmina swept and mopped the Dojo's floor, cleaning everything she could. She set up the tables and equipment for the scoring. She set up the targets, ensuring everything was in its best condition. She had to ensure that the house staff and Akito wouldn't have too much work.

"Still got the hang out of it." Irmina stood in the shooting area, taking in everything. "Frühstück!" Irmina hurried to the kitchen, already starving. Irmina checked the clock, one hour left before the staff started their day. [Breakfast!]

She rolled up her sleeves neatly and tightly before starting. Micheal made his way towards Irmina, confused and lost, with a black kitten following him that he had no idea about. Irmina chuckled as she watched Micheal and the kitten walking towards her, getting comfortable with her sock-covered foot.

"Morning." — Irmina picked up the kitten and stroked it as soft as she could while it got comfortable with the warmth of her hand. — "what are you doing up so early? It's like 3 in the morning."

"It's almost 4, actually." Micheal yawned, scratching his head. "I usually wake up at four, and my body still hasn't gotten used to the timing and environment yet. What are you doing up?"