26 || What The F*ck

Chapter 26: What The F*ck

Can someone explain to me why Thompson's closet smelt like fricking stale bread?

I turned uncomfortably, trying to be as silent as possible as Ashton made it to the door, barely managing to put on his pants.

I'd only managed to pick my bra before rushing into the closet, a mixture of fear and adrenalin running through my veins.

We'd initially thought of ignoring the knock but both Travis and Thompson knew Ashton was up here. It would only make things more suspicious.

I tried peeping through the crack in the closet but saw nothing. The closet faced the bed, making me unable to see the door.

But once I heard the voice, I knew who it was and trust me, it didn't make things any better.

"Hey, is Maddie here?" Devin walked in past Ashton, his eyes searching around the room.

"Why would I know where she is?" Ashton asked.

"Cause you're her boyfriend," Devin shot, his brows creased. "Oh, my apologies, ex boyfriend. It must be really nice playing with her feelings, Huh?"

Oh no! This wasn't happening…they weren't about to start a fight.

At the surface, Ashton stared blankly, almost unmoved by the comment. But I knew better, he was holding himself back. I could see that in the way he clinched his fist, the way his veins popped at the statement.

"Are you trying to start something?" He asked, taking a bold, almost threatening step to Devin.

But Devin wasn't intimidated, he didn't step back. Instead, he took an equal step forward. "No… I'm not like you, I don't fight outside the ring," he said.

I knew what he was referring to. Ashton had almost picked a fight with Joey last semester at the admin building, it had gotten so much attention and even called for a rematch between the two.

I felt powerless, watching my friend and boyfriend about to kill eachother and unable to do anything. This was not how I wanted to spend my night.

"Is that a threat or something?" Ashton chuckled, his eyes falling on the closet for a second before falling back at Devin. "You're Devin Laschester, right?"

"And you're Ashton Malik," he retorted.

"Well, I guess may the best man win." Ashton stretched out a hand to Devin. It wasn't a threat or a surprise attack, it was a bet. Both were more determined than ever to win this tournament. The sheer fact of that, terrified me.

Devin took his hand with a gleeful grin. "Good luck Malik."

"You'll need that," Ashton replied.

The mood had gone from a zero to a hundred in a matter of seconds but it was just about to get worse.

Devin stared down, his eyes catching my littered clothes on the floor, then he started back up at Ashton.

"I see you've hand company," he said then gestured at Ashton's lips, smeared with dark lipstick.

"Not your business, is it?" Ashton shot, immediately kicking my pile of clothes underneath the bed.

Yup, Devin was definitely unto us. And he was catching on real fast.

"You know, I never got why every girl was into you, you're just a cold d*ck," Devin said.

Ashton simply chuckled. "You can ask Maddie when you find her," he said.

He was trying to provoke Devin and unsurprisingly, it was working. Goddamnit!

Ashton, can you not right now?

I drew in an unsteady breath of the old smell of the closet. Nervously watching as both boys stared at eachother, unfazed.

I should probably stop this, but how? I was stuck in a closet, watching both boys see who could push the first person into throwing the first blow.

Ashton gestured to the open door, a small grown across his face. "Well? Leave!"

Devin turned, making his way to the door.

Finally, I blew out a breath of absolute relief, this confrontation had been avoided. I watched as Devin stopped right before he reached the door, staring under the bed where my clothes laid.

Just at that moment, like the forces of nature were against me, my phone rang. As loudly as possible.

Whoever my guardian angel was, they really needed to take him off the heavenly payroll cause he was doing a terrible job.

It was a call from Jessica, I hurriedly switched my phone off but the damage had already been done.

Both boys heads whipped to the closet, Ashtons face filled with a "what the f*ck" expression while Devin's was filled with an equal "what the f*ck"

Even before Ashton could stop him, he opened the closet to find me sitting on a pile of Thompson's clothes, trying to hide my phone. I looked up at him shyly.

"Maddie?"

"Hi!" I mumbled.

•••

This girl just keeps getting herself from one trouble to another. Typical Maddie:)

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, next one kicks off immediately from here, so don't forget to vote so I get motivation to post it faster.

Love ya
-Thea.