// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕠𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part one

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n stared up at the bright blue sky, clouds slowly passing overhead and shielding her e/c eyes from the sun.

She was currently making her way to school, quite tired from her previous night. She had tried to sleep many times, but always had visions in her sleep of a place she didn't recognize, with people she didn't know.

Y/n had this vision every night for her entire eighteen years of life. She was now an adult, preparing for graduation and soon college. But she still suffered from nightmares and insomnia. The medication her parents paid quite a bit for wasn't even helping her either.

Rubbing her sleepy eyes, Y/n bumped into someone, making her stumble backwards. Blinking her tired eyes, she looked up to apologize, her eyes meeting a pair of deep, onyx ones. The boy chuckled, rubbing the back of his head nervously.

"O-Oh, was I blocking the way? Sorry, I was trying to remember the directions to the school." The boy said. Y/n shook her head, giving him a warm smile.

"Oh, it's fine. You need directions? I might be able to help." She said. The boy lit up at her words, grinning.

"Really? I'm trying to get to Orange Star High school. Do you know the way?" He asked. Nodding, Y/n began walking again, leading the boy down the street.

"Yeah, I go there. I'll take you." She said. The boy vigorously thanked her, making Y/n sweat drop at his overly politeness. The boy introduced himself as Son Gohan, a new student. Y/n figured he'd probably end up in one of her classes, seeing as how it wasn't the biggest school in the area.

It didn't take them much longer before they arrived at the school building, teens of varying age walking around the school grounds. Gohan looked around in amazement, as if this were his first time seeing a school.

Leading Gohan into the school, Y/n gave him a very quick tour, still having to prepare herself for class. After stopping by the front office, Y/n had guessed correctly, and that Gohan would be joining her.

The two took a seat in the large classroom together, Y/n getting out her papers and neatly organizing them in her small space. Gohan had asked a few questions about what they were doing in class, before getting interrupted by a loud voice.

"Hi, Y/n!" A girl exclaimed happily as she skipped towards the two. She was followed by two other students, a shorter girl with long, black hair, and a taller boy with blond hair.

"Hi, Erasa." Y/n greeted with zero excitement, almost the complete opposite of her friend. Erasa plopped down next to Y/n, the other two sitting at Gohan's side.

"Who's this, Y/n? You got a boyfriend?" Erasa teased, wiggling her eyebrows. Gohan blushed, smiling and greeting the three.

"H-Hi, my name's Gohan, I'm new here." He said. Erasa giggled, standing up and squeezing in between Gohan and Y/n, sitting down next to him.

"Hi, Gohan, I'm Erasa! You look pretty cute for a nerd." She said. Gohan blushed at her proximity, leaning away, only to lean against the other girl beside him, receiving a harsh push from her. Gohan profusely apologized as the girl glared at him. "Oh calm down, Videl! Don't be so mean to the new cutie, you'll scare him away!"