// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 //

hiraeth - part fifty-three

»»——⍟——««

       Whis and Vados had spent some time building the tournament arena, which heavily resembled the World Tournament arena back on Earth. There was a large tiled platform, where the battles would be held. There were four different floating surfaces, sorting the fighters from the spectators, on their representative sides. Y/n walked up to the edge, looking over down at the ground. It was quite a drop from there, and she was quite thankful she knew how to fly. Once Whis and Vados finished the final bits of the arena, the referee walked out onto the platform, a microphone in hand.

"Hello, Universes 6 and 7! I will be your referee today, and I will be making sure all rules and regulations are followed! The rules for this tournament are simple; knock your opponent out of the ring or knock him unconscious. However, killing your opponent is strictly forbidden. Cheating will result in an automatic elimination. Everyone, please fight fairly and do your best!" The referee exclaimed with a smile, as if there was nothing on the line.

"Is this necessary? Can't we back out?" Y/n asked, looking back at the others.

"Backing out isn't an option. Everyone will just have to do their very best in each fight." Whis said. Y/n sighed, going to sit on the sofa provided. The referee called out Goku's name to the platform, the man jumping out of his seat with a grin.

"Wish me luck, everyone!" Goku exclaimed, but Beerus's voice stopped him as he looked at the sphinx cat in confusion.

"Goku, you need to take this extremely carefully. We don't know what we're up against." Beerus said, giving Goku a serious look. It almost threw Goku off, and his previous fears and insecurities suddenly started rearing their ugly head. Goku wasn't as strong as he wanted to be, as he needed to be. He had no idea how far his power would take him in this tournament before he'd lose. He knew it was okay to lose. But his pride, as well as some other unidentifiable feeling within him told him he needed to win. He needed to prove to himself that he was strong.

The referee's voice calling out to another opponent, Botamo, pulled Goku back to reality. He nodded, before stepping off the floating platform, flying down to the arena. For once, Goku needed to get serious, and not play around. He couldn't shake the feeling of anxiety though, knowing that he might lose. The thought of having to depend on Y/n suddenly made him sick for some reason. He didn't want to depend on Y/n. He wanted to be strong, he wanted to fight for himself and win.

As soon as the referee signaled the start of the fight, Goku could barely control himself. All of the pent up feelings that he didn't know how to release suddenly drove him to anger, and almost instantly, the opponent Botamo was knocked out of the ring, hardly having given a fight. It was a blur to Goku, before he was standing on the edge of the arena, Botamo beneath him, looking up in surprise.

"What!? How in the world did he manage to knock Botamo out!?" Champa exclaimed, seething as he nearly fell over the edge, trying to get a closer look. "That's cheating, he's cheating! Botamo is supposed to be able to absorb attacks, how could he lose!?"

Botamo, dazed, got up and floated back up to his respective platform. Champa went to chew him out, but was stopped by Vados as she sighed.

"Botamo can only absorb attacks so fast. If his opponent is faster than him, then his ability is rendered null. You can't blame him for losing to someone who is simply too strong for him." Vados said. Champa grit his teeth, before sighing, placing his hands on his hips.