// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕪-𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part thirty-seven

»»——⍟——««

       "Wh-What do you mean?" Y/n stuttered, taking a precautionary step back. Y/n was used to the antics of Goku and Gohan, so she perceived anything like this as a threat to her safety. Or at least to her sanity. Shin smiled, nervously twirling a strand of his white hair.

"Mortals go into an inactive state, willingly falling unconscious to regain energy. You refer to it as sleeping. I've never tried it before, and am quite curious." Shin spoke. Y/n's shoulders drooped as she relaxed, looking at him in surprise.

"Oh, that's all? Sleeping is super easy, why do you need me?" Y/n asked. Shin sighed, looking away, as if embarrassed.

"Because I don't know how to willingly fall unconscious. The only time I've ever really slept is when I was once knocked out, but I don't really imagine sleeping is that painful, is it?" Shin asked. Y/n furrowed her brows, slowly shaking her head, his words concerning.

"No... Sleeping is supposed to be relaxing. You've seriously never tried?" Y/n asked. Shin shook his head no, causing a smile to form on Y/n's face. "Okay, I have an idea. This is something we do for fun on Earth,"

She grabbed a pillow, handing it over to Shin as she dropped down onto her bed. Shin followed, sitting down on the hard wood floor as he squeezed the pillow close, grinning excitedly.

"Back home, people my age did these things called slumber parties. We'd gather all of our friends, and stay up as late as we could playing together. Then we'd all get tired and fall asleep together," Y/n explained. She remembered Erasa would often invite her to slumber parties, half of which Y/n skipped out on because she was scared. Scared that people would see how weird she was, how she was plagued by visions and hallucinations every night. But now, things were different. Though, Y/n doubted Erasa would've ever judged her anyway. Shaking her head, Y/n cleared her thoughts and continued. "I doubt you get tired, but we could still try. You could even get Kibito and the Old Kai to join if you'd like, so we'll have more friends."

"I-I doubt they'd be interested in this sort of thing," Shin said, which wasn't entirely wrong. Kibito would never, but he could see the Old Kai wanting to join in. Mainly because of Y/n, what with her being a girl, but also because he easily fell asleep. That was just a perk of only being half a Kai, Shin assumed. Old Kai wasn't fully immortal like Shin was. "I'm fine with it just being the two of us. I'm sure we can find fun things to do by ourselves."

"I guess... What kind of things does a Kai even do for fun?" Y/n asked. She wasn't even entirely sure what girls her age did for fun. Y/n knew what Erasa liked, such as shopping, gossiping, playing truth or dare. She was a very stereotypical and cliched high school girl. But then again, Y/n was a full year older than her. Perhaps those things are just popular for girls younger than her. Shin gasped, a smile forming on his face as he scooted closer to Y/n.

"So, as you know, my job is to watch over mortals and lead them in the proper direction. I often like to watch people go about their lives, and see things as a mortal would. Ever since meeting Goku and his friends, I've had a particular interest in Earth," Shin spoke, holding his hands out to Y/n. His palms began to glimmer, lighting up the dark room. A glass-like sphere formed in his hand, Y/n looking down at it in awe and curiosity. "Let's take a peek at what they're up to, hm?"

Colors began to swirl within the sphere, Y/n leaning in closer to get a better look. An image began to take shape, a shape that Y/n immediately recognized.

"Wait, that's Bulma!" Y/n exclaimed in surprise. She stared down at the blue haired woman, who was currently yelling at her husband, Vegeta. Y/n immediately smiled at the sight, chuckling. In the short time she'd stayed with them, she'd learned that Bulma and Vegeta fought every single day, over the littlest things. But they were obviously very close and in love, and jumped to defend one another all the time. Y/n did admit to herself that she was extremely jealous of the simple romance they had, how their problems were so tiny, and how they always forgave each other the same day of their fight. Whatever she had with Goku and Gohan was not simple, and was likely impossible to work out with either. Y/n sometimes wondered if the best possible option for everyone was to move on, even if it hurt her, even if it hurt them, like that day.