// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part twenty-nine

»»——⍟——««

       "W-We do?" Y/n asked as she looked around. Counting the hybrids, there were only five. Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, and Goten. Even then, they had to be pure hearted, and Y/n was sure Vegeta was very pure.

"Of course. You'll be participating in the ritual too, young lady." Whis stepped forward, smiling down at her. Y/n looked at him incredulously, chuckling.

"Are you serious? I'm a human. Ask everyone else." Y/n said. As she stood up, she wobbled, barely able to stand on her own two feet. Whis stepped toward her, holding her up by her shoulder.

"It's true that you have a human body. However, you all must be able to tell that something is off about her, right? Just look at her massive energy reserve. If given the chance, if she had access to all that pent up energy within her, why, she could even entertain Lord Beerus." Whis said, glancing back at the phoenix cat. Beerus huffed, crossing his arms.

"You're full of it." Vegeta said as he glared at Whis. "She can't be a full blooded human and a Saiyan at the same time. She's either a hybrid, or a human."

"Actually, Y/n is both at the same time. She just can't remember. If you'd like, I can restore your memories, and that nasty injury that keeps opening." Whis said. Y/n looked down to her side, that was beginning to bleed again, nodding her head vigorously. Whis chuckled, bringing his staff forward. "You all may want to stand back. Regaining all of her memories is going to have a substantial impact on her, and she may lash out."

"Wh-What—?" Y/n tried to question him, but Whis interrupted her as he tapped his staff against the floor. A blue ring rippled around them, Y/n's injury healing almost immediately. Y/n was suddenly locked in a trance-like state as all of her memories were freed, flowing back to her like a wave of emotions.

The day of the World Tournament was a bright, sunny day, the cool breeze blowing against Y/n's face as she followed behind her friend. Gohan looked back to Y/n with a grin, almost bursting at the seams with excitement. After eight long years, Gohan would finally see his father again. And his new friend, Y/n, would be there with him.

Gohan squeezed Y/n's hand gently as he led her toward the tournament building. Everyone was gathered here, just waiting for the final guest to show up now. Y/n smiled up at Gohan as she felt him practically shaking with glee and excitement. Y/n was still unsure about the whole thing, as she'd just been introduced to the Saiyans, and everything that had been happening on Earth behind closed curtains. Somebody coming back from the dead for a day just to flex and win a martial arts tournament sounded completely out of this world, like a joke. But the fact that everyone waited with bated breaths told Y/n Gohan may not have been lying.

And then it happened. A tall, large man just suddenly appeared before everyone, his golden halo shining under the sunlight. He looked around, spotting all his friends and family, grinning widely.

"Hey, guys!" Goku greeted, as if he had not been gone for more than a day. Everyone was completely silent, before suddenly, Chi-Chi rushed forward, engulfing the large man in a tight hug as she sobbed into his clothes.

"Goku! I can't believe it's you! You're finally back! I missed you so much," Chi-Chi cried as she squeezed him as tightly as possible. Goku chuckled, patting her on the back as he looked around. His eyes almost immediately landed on Gohan, grinning.

"Son! Wow, look at you, you've gotten so tall!" Goku exclaimed happily as he approached his son. It was true, Gohan was nearly taller than his father. Goku smiled as he took in the sight of his son that he missed so, before his eyes drifted to Gohan's side. "Who's this? You're new."