// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕨𝕠 //

hiraeth - part fifty-two

»»——⍟——««

       Two more days had passed since everybody had split up, leaving Y/n and Gohan on their own. Bulma and Jaco had returned the same day they left, neither willing to clarify why they had failed to gain the location of the last Super Dragon Ball. Whis had also returned on the very last day, just hours before they were to leave for the tournament. And not only had he brought along somebody who clearly had zero power, but he had brought along a large cubic ship, apparently taking not just the fighters, but spectators as well.

"Why do we need spectators?" Y/n asked with a brow raised as she looked up at the large ship.

"Mainly just to show off just how much cooler my universe is," Beerus spoke as he smirked, crossing his arms. Whis chuckled, stepping forward, the small person who had yet to state his name practically clinging to his side.

"Lord Champa invited everyone, it's only polite to attend. But Y/n, you look like you've been training," Whis pointed out with a small smirk. Y/n looked down at herself, noticing the small scratches and small bruises here and there. She chuckled nervously, scratching her neck.

"I didn't want to go into this rusty. Gohan was helping me train," Y/n said, glancing back at said man. Gohan was talking to Piccolo, a small smile on his face. He was noticeably more beaten and bruised than she was, but Y/n couldn't really help it. Gohan had stopped training over a year ago, the only fight he had been in recently was with Lord Frieza. Y/n had grown immensely strong, even in her base form, thanks to her soul and zenkai boost. Y/n practically eclipsing Gohan in power was unavoidable now.

"I didn't even know that boy fought. Perhaps we should've gotten him to do this as well," Beerus hummed, thinking as he squinted at Gohan. Y/n raised a brow, placing her hands on her hips as she grinned slyly.

"Oh, but I thought your candidate was far stronger than all of us, even me. Why are you thinking of replacing him with Gohan, who's way weaker?" Y/n spoke, raising her voice with each word. Beerus's eyes widened as he grew flustered and panicked, covering Y/n's mouth as he hissed at her, shushing her.

"Be quiet, stupid girl! Do you really want to give away the secret that bad!?" Beerus whispered, his glowing yellow eyes glaring into hers. His glare lasted a moment longer, before he sighed, pulling back as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Monaka isn't actually strong. He just owed me a favor."

"Why are you having somebody with no strength at all fight for us? Do you really not care about us that much that you would even sabotage our team?" Y/n glared at Beerus. Beerus gave her a deadly look, daring her to say another word. She was almost tempted to, but Y/n cared about the Earth. So she stayed silent, letting Beerus explain himself.

"I actually care more than I should about this rock. I told Goku that Monaka would be even stronger than Goku so that it would motivate him to keep pushing himself. At the moment, Goku has hit a wall and can't find a way to improve. I thought about using you to motivate him, but you're more of a mutant than anything and shouldn't actually exist." Beerus's words struck Y/n in her heart, but she knew he was right, so she stayed silent. Besides, he had a point. Motivating Goku by having someone of a similar background, weak and small, appear even stronger than Goku was bound to help push the man past the wall he found himself stuck at.

Y/n wasn't even aware that Goku wasn't improving anymore. In the two weeks he was gone, he showed visible signs of improving, both physically and mentally. He never said anything about being stuck at his current limit. The thought that Goku wasn't sharing that kind of information with Y/n hurt her. Y/n's stomach began to twist with anxiety at the thought that she probably didn't deserve to help him with his feelings anyway. She had shut everyone at her most vulnerable time, why should she have the right to help him? It never crossed Y/n's mind that she was overthinking, her own stress eating her away. She barely had time to think about the idea before Whis spoke up, clearing his throat.