// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕝𝕧𝕖 //

hiraeth - part twelve

»»——⍟——««

       Y/n huffed as she packed a large box of party decorations towards the gym. Today was the day her class would begin to prepare for prom, while the school staff would prepare for the graduation ceremony. Y/n honestly couldn't believe the school was making her do hard labor work the day after exams. And she wouldn't know if she passed the test or not until tomorrow. Which annoyed her to no end, but she would just have to deal with it. She would go to Bulma's immediately after receiving her letter, telling her whether or not she passed.

The problem was that her address was set to her old one. Where her father resided. Y/n didn't have the heart nor the guts to face her father after the falling out she'd had with him. How could she? She'd been kicked out because her father didn't deem her or her friends trustworthy. It shattered her heart that her father didn't have faith in her.

Not to mention her only way of transportation there would be Goku, or Gohan, both of which the man hated. If he saw them pull up to drop her off, especially in the weird, magical way they do things, Y/n couldn't imagine how he'd react.

Walking into the gym, Y/n groaned as she set down the heavy box, sighing as she wiped the sweat off her head. For a spring day, it sure was hot and dry out. Y/n suddenly missed the rainy days, even if one had caused her to get sick. Or perhaps that had been her nightmare. Who could tell at this point.

"Hey, Y/n!" Y/n heard a familiar voice. She turned around to the source, spotting Gohan. He approached her with a cold bottle of water, handing it to her. "I figured I'd come check on you during break."

"Thanks, Gohan." Y/n gave him a smile, taking the water and quickly drinking it down. It tasted much better than whatever was coming out of the water fountains. It certainly wasn't water.

"Wow, you guys have been working hard, it's coming along great." Gohan said as he looked around the gym. There were many decorations and lights strewn about. It looked straight out of a movie. All that was missing was a disco ball, but that seemed too tacky.

"I can't believe they're making us do all this work immediately after exams. I think it's ridiculous." Y/n said. She heard a giggle come from behind Gohan, catching her attention. She looked behind him, spotting Erasa, Videl, and Sharpner approaching.

"You might think it's ridiculous, but prom is a once in a lifetime thing. For you, maybe. But you totally have to take us as your friends! It'll be so fun, we'll party all night!" Erasa exclaimed. Y/n chuckled, raising a brow.

"I don't know. I wasn't even sure I wanted to go." Y/n said. She still had her mind completely set on studying. If she got a score lower than what Bulma expected of her on her exams, then she'd just have to keep on going, until she was what Bulma wanted.

"What? Seriously? There's no way you can skip out on this, it's not like you're busy." Erasa said as she crossed her arms, glaring at Y/n. Y/n let out a small giggle, rubbing the back of her neck.

"Actually, I'm still studying. I want to get as smart as I possibly can." Y/n said. Erasa looked at her in surprise. Erasa and Y/n had been pretty close friends, since before they started high school. They had known each other since their early teenage years. And in all of that time, Erasa had never seen Y/n so invested in her schoolwork until now.

"Seriously? You do know your exams ended, right? Now you can have fun!" Erasa said. She put her hands on her hips, wondering if Y/n had somehow gotten brain damage.