// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕖 //

hiraeth - part seventy-nine

»»——⍟——««

       Everything suddenly began to glow, everything turning a nearly blinding white. Y/n's eyes snapped open, startled as she looked around, her eyes landing on the others. Both Vegeta and Trunks were panicking, Gohan's eyes looking around wildly. He let out a yelp as his body began to float, along with everything else. "What's going on!?"

Y/n's eyes suddenly caught movement in the corner of her eyes, snapping in the direction of where Goku's lifeless body had been laying. Her eyes widened in shock as he floated upward along with everything else, the light surrounding his body, giving him an almost angelic glow. And then, Y/n could've sworn she felt her heart stop as his eyes suddenly snapped open.

The light faded, everything landing gently on the ground once again, leaving Goku standing on his two feet once again, as if nothing had even happened. The snow that had begun to build up in thick layers on the ground had melted away, leaving only patches of white remaining on the ground. A field of snowdrop flowers suddenly sprouted from the ground, as well as, oddly enough, clusters of red roses.

Goku looked around in confusion, Gohan running up to him with teary eyes as he jumped into his father's arms. Trunks and Vegeta were fast behind him, Goku letting out a giggle as they triple checked him to make sure he was fine.

As the four spoke amongst themselves, Y/n looked around in confusion as she sat amongst one of the few clusters of roses. She tried to piece together just what had happened, her eyes roving over the now pristine buildings, the bright blue sky above nearly blinding now. As Y/n looked around, her eyes widened, suddenly recalling the fact that the Supreme Kai had been here, but had gone missing some hours ago. She recalled the request she had asked of him, her heart thumping loudly in her chest, eyes wide.

Just as the memory came back to her, she felt a shift in the air just behind her. Whipping her head around, Y/n's eyes practically lit up, tears prickling in her eyes as she realized what had happened.

Appearing in the sky, not only had Shin and Gowasu returned, but at their sides stood Beerus and Whis. Beerus smirked down at the others as Shin landed, running up to Goku with the brightest grin he ever had.

"We used the Super Dragon Balls!" Shin exclaimed. Goku's eyes widened, before he grinned excitedly, turning to Gohan, who still held Goku in a hug. Goku laughed, realizing that was why he came back to life. Shin had brought him back. Goku spun his son around, Gohan's laughter spilling from his lips as he embraced his father like it had been the first time in an eternity.

But Goku slowed to a stop as a thought crossed his mind. Just before he could utter it, a loud gasp from Trunks pulled Goku's attention away. Trunks took off running, confusing the others, before their eyes landed on a person.

Mai had found her way to everyone, along with dozens of other people. Humans suddenly began to flood the streets of West City, confusion and happiness filling the air as everyone began searching for their loved ones.

Vegeta's eyes suddenly met a pair of bright blue ones, her long, blue hair drawing attention. Trunks held her tightly, sobbing into her shoulder as he explained that everything was finally over, Mai patting his shoulder to comfort him. Vegeta felt a pair of hands wrap around his arm, pulling his attention to his wife, Bulma's gaze stuck on the woman Trunks pulled towards them.