// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕤𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕖𝕖 //

hiraeth - part seventy-three

»»——⍟——««

       The sun began to rise over the horizon, the beginning of yet another day. Although, for Y/n, something had felt wrong, off. She couldn't quite place it, but she was certain something was missing. But the moment she tried to recall what it was she had forgotten, her mind would draw a blank. She had everything, as far as she was aware. She was simply basing her assumptions off a feeling.

"Are you feeling well?" A voice drew her attention from the window Y/n stood at, turning her gaze to the man who had entered. Black stood with a tray of food perfectly arranged just for her, watching as her empty eyes landed on him. Ever since she had risen from her recovery the day before, she had been occupied with thoughts of something she forgot. Black figured it must have been something important for it to bother her for so long, but what could it have been? Was there more going on than he was aware of? Surely not, he was your only partner, aside from Zamasu. And while the two got along, they weren't close like Black was with her.

"Come, rest." Black commanded, directing her attention to the bed. Y/n sighed, sitting beside him on the bed, taking the tray of food from him. The cup of tea caught her eye, watching as her reflection rippled in its surface. She sighed deeply, setting the tray down on the bed as she stared at the floor.

"I'm sure they'll be back soon. They wouldn't give up that easily," Y/n muttered. Black furrowed his brows, unsure of what to do for her. Without the connection, he could not understand what was going through her mind, what grief had stricken her heart. He perked up as Y/n spoke once more, Black's eyes widening. "I want to be there as soon as they show up. I don't want to give them time to devise some sort of plan, I want to take them off guard."

"You still intend to fight that man? Even after what he did to you?" Black asked, refusing to call Goku even by his name. After what he did to Y/n, Black was never going to let them leave. He'd torture them until they're begging for the sweet release of death, but he would never let them go. In Black's mind, they deserved to suffer for hurting Y/n, the only mortal that mattered to him.

"I have to. I'm just as much a part of this fight as you are," Y/n said. She didn't want to fight anymore, she had honestly lost her drive to fight. Her plan had fallen apart, and Black's offer to let them go was off the table. Now she was just a villain, stuck here forever. She could never go back to her old life with her old friends. Her fighting didn't matter because she wasn't fighting to protect the humans anymore, she was simply fighting because she had to. There was no longer rhyme or reason to the senseless fight between her and the present timeline.

Black noticed her sullen mood, sighing as he scooted closer to her. Y/n looked up at him in surprise as she noticed his hand move, his fingers brushing over her cheek, pushing the strands of her untamed hair to the side. His dark eyes stared down into her eyes, and for a moment, the fleeting emotions of a time gone by passed through Y/n, missing the love she had taken for granted. He was identical to Goku in every way, and even sometimes looked at Y/n with a similar kindness, although much more muted.

"I understand how much you gave up for me, even though I basically forced you into this. I'm sorry I stole your life from you. I promise I will fill the empty space that man left. I want to be the reason you fight," Black said, leaning closer to her face. His gaze fell to her neck, an idea passing through his mind for but a second, wondering if he could build an even stronger connection to Y/n than Goku ever could. But he knew Y/n would never allow that, she no longer felt the pull to be close to him anymore.