// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟 //

hiraeth - part fourteen

»»——⍟——««

       The sun would be setting very soon, nighttime quickly approaching. Y/n had spent the whole evening catching up with her father, telling him about how she'd met Bulma the night of Bulma's party, and how Y/n had intended on telling him about the sponsorship idea then.

Her father repeatedly apologized for everything, and while Y/n felt that it'd take her time to forgive him, she was enjoying spending time with him once again. However, that was interrupted by someone calling out her name.

"Y/n!" Yelled a familiar voice. Turning around, Y/n was surprised to see her friend, Erasa, along with Gohan. Gohan gave her a nervous smile, showing that he'd been the one to lead Erasa to Y/n. His eyes then drifted to the man next to her, eyes wide as he recognized the man as Y/n's father. Gohan almost immediately wanted to run away, not wanting to get Y/n into anymore trouble, when Y/n suddenly ran up to Gohan with a squeal.

"Gohan! I got my exam results, I aced everything!" She yelled, jumping and nearly tackling the wall of muscle that was Gohan. Gohan stumbled, surprised. He glanced up to Y/n's father, surprised to see him just smiling.

"You did!? Y/n, that's amazing, I knew you were the smartest person alive!" Erasa giggled, giving Y/n a pat on the back. Y/n turned her attention to Erasa, trying to contain her excitement as she talked with Erasa. Gohan wasn't focused on the conversation though, turning his attention back to Y/n's father. He approached the man, surprising him. Y/n blinked, looking back at the two in confusion.

"Hi, sir. I'm sure you remember me, I'm Gohan." Gohan introduced. He sighed, bowing before the man. "I'm sorry I got Y/n into trouble, and forced a gap in your relationship. I hope you can find it in yourself to forgive me, and allow me to be friends with Y/n. She means a lot to me, she's my best friend."

Gohan squeezed his eyes shut, expecting the worst, but hoping for the best. It seemed his hopes were fruitful as Y/n's father chuckled.

"I forgive you. And I'm sorry for giving you a bad first impression. I was very protective of Y/n. But she's all grown up now, and she can handle herself. I trust her to make good friends." He said, eyes drifting over to said girl and giving her a smile. Y/n returned it, happy to see things finally mending themselves.

Gohan grinned widely, thanking the man vigorously, his politeness unsettling to the older man. Y/n could only giggle at the two, watching them. Erasa watched Y/n's face shift, humming as she squinted her eyes.

"So... Gohan and Videl, they're not really dating, are they?" She asked. Y/n looked at the girl in surprise, before shrugging.

"Videl says they are. She made it a point to rub it in, starting a fight with me yesterday, saying I wasn't Gohan's best friend. That's why she was acting so weird today. I assumed she was jealous." Y/n said. Erasa huffed, crossing her arms.

"That Videl, she's spoiled. Don't get me wrong, I am too. But I wouldn't go as far as ruining my friendship for a boy." Erasa said. Y/n shrugged, sighing.

"That just shows how much I really meant to her." She muttered. Erasa furrowed her brows, she could see the heartbreak and betrayal hidden behind Y/n's eyes. Erasa had been friends with Y/n long enough to see her hidden emotions. Y/n was never one to show them. Wrapping an arm around one of Y/n's own, Erasa grinned.