Chapter 5: I Don't Feel good

A month went by and I never saw Aaron, Fernando told me he went back to London. Something about a university offering a better job than the one he had here.

"Throw that pumpkin pie away."

I made a run to the bathroom and threw up. I think I caught a bug. I returned to the kitchen and sat down on the barstool at the kitchen island.

"Pumpkin pie, is one of your favorites, so I'm going to take a wild guess, and say that someone is-"

"Don't say it." I cut her off.

"Violet, I think it's time." Cindy told me.

"I know." I cried.

They both hugged me.

..............

In my hands I held the results. I'm a month pregnant. I feel like I'm dreaming. This doesn't feel real. I promised myself I would finish my career and then settled down and babies could also wait.

After the doctor's appointment, I went to the only place that would make me feel better. I knocked on their door and seconds later, they opened it.

"Mom." I cried in her arms.

"Hey babygirl, what's wrong?" She rubbed my back to calm me.

We went to the couch and I didn't let go of her. I needed my mom, I feel lost. I snuggled to her and we stayed in silence with her playing with my hair, that always calmed me.

"I'm pregnant."

Silence.

"Please say something." I sobbed.

"I got pregnant with you at 19 too. I can't say you were irresponsible, or why you got in the heat of the moment. What I can say and you won't like it, is, a baby while still in college is hard, exhausting. And please do not think about going the easy way."

"I would never." I wiped my tears. "And we did used protection, but it broke."

"So what's his name, does he go to your college?" I looked up to see dad, he was beyond angry.

"He doesn't go to my college and I don't know his name." A little lie never hurt anyone. Dad doesn't need to know his name.

"Violet, what went through your head?" Dad asked.

"You really want me to answer that?" I gave him an incredulous look.

"Now what, a baby in college is hard work. Can't trust nannies nowadays, your mom and I have jobs that are time consuming."

"I know." I cried.

He sighed and hugged me. "Let's worry about that, when our grand-baby is here."

I just nodded. I couldn't form words at the moment.

"Pizza?" Mom asked.

"Yes, and hot wings along with onion rings and your famous chocolate cake."

"Such a little order." Dad joked.

"You're right." I wiped my tears. "Add some, nuggets with fries." I kissed his cheek and went to my old room.

"Definitely your daughter." Dad said to mom. She chuckled.

"Are you staying the night?" Mom yelled, since I was halfway to my bedroom.

"Yes, I want to be here tonight." I yelled back.

"Like the good old times, my family under one roof." Dad smiled at mom as she did too.

Later that night, after eating and spending time with my family, I went next door to talk to my dad, Owen.

"Hey, princess." He hugged me. "Come in."

I walked to the living-room and got engulfed by four arms. I love these two.

"Sissy!" Nina, said as she was still hugging me.

"Hey, baby sis."

"What brings you here? Are you spending the night here?" Cole asked.

"Not today, maybe next weekend. I need to talk to dad." I told him, he just nodded.

We went to his office and I blurted out, he was mute after my confession.

"Are you mad? disappointed? You wish I wasn't your daughter? You-" tears formed and I couldn't tall after that.

"Course not." He hugged me. " I'll love you, no matter what. Even if you still think, I don't know about you stealing my chocolate from my private fridge."

I chuckled as more tears spilled. "It's more fun that way." I hugged him tighter.

He pulled away and went to angry dad mode. "So, who's the father of my grand-baby? Where does he live and what's his name?"

"I don't know anything about him. It was a one night stand." I said avoiding his gaze.

He sighed. "What were you thinking?"

"Like I told dad, do you really want to know the answer?"

He groaned. "Couldn't my kids stayed little forever."

"Nope." I said and was joined by two more voices behind a door.

I laughed as dad sighed. I love my family.

............

I went back to my place and told everyone about the news. They said they suspected it, but they will be all the way with me.

"Fernando, is Aaron planning on returning anytime soon?"

He shook his head, no. "Sorry."

"Well baby, is just you and your momma." I rubbed my belly.

"You mean, momma, and uncles/aunts." Jaxson said.

I smiled. "Yeah, I got my family. And Fernando, please don't tell Aaron about my baby. He left the country so now he doesn't deserve to know."

"As you wish."

I'll be fine... I think.