Chapter 9: Epilogue

Time went by, I was heavily pregnant. I was due any moment. As for the Claire drama, she never signed the divorce papers, she was caught making transfers from Matt's Bank account into hers. It was an account she opened in another country where she was going to escape and live happily ever after with her, lover.

She didn't love Matt, but she also didn't want him to be happy with me, crazy bitch. The night she got caught, she knew she was screwed, so she jumped down the building. From the first day I met her, I knew she wasn't right in the head. But she played Matt so well.

"You make the best cookies." Jax, said in between bites.

I smiled. I grabbed two glasses and filled them with milk.

"I love you, Val." He kissed my cheek and then he took a sip of his milk.

"I love you too, Jax." I hugged him. "Sweetest kid in the world."

He giggled. "Sweetest mom in the world."

I just smiled. Matt entered the kitchen and hugged Jax and then gave me a kiss.

"You see Val, as a mom?"

Jax nodded. "She's nice, reads me bedtime stories. And makes delicious cookies." He grins.

"She's amazing." Matt, placed a kiss on my cheek. Jax, nodded.

"I love you both," I smiled at them.

I felt water down my legs and the pain that followed was excruciating.

"Matt, your daughter is about to enter this world."

He eyes widened. He placed me in the car, then grabbed Jax and put him in the baby seat car. And lastly he grabbed the baby bag.

.............

"Matt, you did this to me!" I pushed harder.

"Sorry, beautiful."

"You're getting your dick fixed. I don't want to go through this again." I huffed as I kept pushing. The doctor and nurse lightly chuckled at my words.

"Glad we're on the same page, cause I think two kids are enough." He replied. Lucky to have this man.

After the excruciating pain, the most beautiful and angelic sound echoed in the room.

"She's really here." I cried.

"She's perfect." Matt, smiled.

"Congratulations, your daughter is very healthy. We are going to clean her and then bring her to your room." The doctor told us.

.............

I was placed in my room waiting for our Daughter. The door opened and in walked Jax. He was outside waiting with the rest.

"He couldn't wait anymore." Luke, said as he entered. "Where's my niece?"

"Cleaning her. Matt go get her, they're taking all year to bring her."

They both chuckled.

"Patience, baby sis."

A nurse entered with my beautiful baby girl. She placed the portable crib next to me and then left.

"She's beautiful." Luke, smiled while looking down at her.

"I'm a big brother!" Jax squealed.

"Yeah you are." Matt, picked up Jax, so he could see her. "You will protect her and always be there for her."

"Yes."He smiled at his sister.

Everyone enter the room and were in awe. She is a mixture of Matt and I.

"So, what's her name?" Grace asked.

"Elle Amelia Hawthorne." I smiled.

"I'm honored that she has my name." Grandma had teats in her eyes.

"Of course, you show me that when two people are meant to be, in the end they will find each other. That phrase gave me hope that, Matt and I, would be together one day." I wiped my tears.

"How true it was." He kissed me.

..............

Four years have passed, Elle was the cutest Three year old toddler. Course that's what all mommy say, but is true, Elle us just adorable.

I went to grab a glass of water and I came across to the cutest yet funny sight ever. Matt, was sitting on the kitchen floor with Elle and Jax each on his side.

"Just trying to eat pizza, since I was busy at work and then these two, ended up eating my dinner." Matt sighed.

I laughed. Matt gave Jax and Elle a piece of his pizza and they ate happily. He got up and pulled me to him.

"I made, mashed potato with fried chicken for dinner. Yours is in the microwave." I kissed him.

"Life saver." He kissed my cheek and then went to sit on the table.

"You two, is bedtime." I said.

"Can we stay up til daddy has finished his food." They both pouted.

Matt, just chuckled. "Fine, but just this one time."

They both nodded. I sat down and Elle sat on my lap and snuggled to me. She's a mommy's little girl.

"We saw the lights on, and decided to come and say hi." Luke said as he walked in with Savannah, Violet and Grayson. He was born a day after Elle.

"Something smells delicious." Grace walked in with Owen, Cole and their daughter, Nina. She born a day after Grayson.

"You guys are lucky I made a lot of food, Matt and Jax devour everything in the fridge shelves. Man they have a big appetite."

They all laughed. They all stay for two hours and then left. We read the kids a bedtime story.

"Mommy, leave the lights on." Elle pouted.

"Okay, but you know there's no one here, babygirl." I hugged her.

"I don't like the dark."

"Alright." I turned on her little lamp. "Sweet dreams." I kissed her cheek.

"Night mommy." She hugged me.

I left the room and went to the living-room. I sat next to Matt and snuggled to him.

"Life has been a bit of a rollercoaster for us, but things turned out really great. And I'm so happy with our family." He leaned down and kissed me.

"I'm extremely happy with our life, we have amazing kids and I have the best husband in the world." I smiled.

We got married two years ago and it was only family and close friends. We didn't want a big wedding, we just wanted to be married.

"I love you, Mrs Hawthorne."

"And I love you, Mr Hawthorne."

He picked me up and took me to our bedroom and we made love all night. Right here in his arms is my safe place. You could say, life is amazing and I wouldn't change a thing about it.