Chapter 5: A Week Together

Matthew

I entered the house and found her watching a movie.

"You're home, that's a miracle." She said.

"Let's have a talk." I said as I sat in front of her and then turned off the TV.

"Hey, I was watching that!"

"I don't fucking care. Now tell me, why are you like this, why do you treat our son bad, why are you telling him , he's a mistake."

"Because is the only way for him to not get attached, to not suffer for when I leave!" She cried.

"Claire, the doctor says you're doing great, why-"

"I'm scared okay, what if things go wrong, I don't want to get attached to Jaxson, and then he would suffer." She wiped her tears. "Please don't leave me."

I sighed. "Of course not. But if you ever treat Jaxson, bad, I'll leave you."

"I won't." She kissed me. "But, I do have to go to my parents house this whole week, is their anniversary, I'll be back Monday morning."

"Are you leaving today?"

"Yeah, my flight leaves in two hours. I have everything packed in the car. I'll see you next week my love." She kissed me once more and then she left.

I went upstairs to pack my clothes and his toys and then I also left this place I can't seem to call home.

Claire

I grabbed my phone and dialed their number.

Hey gorgeous, can't wait to see you.

I smiled. "Same, in a few hours, we'll be together."

I can't believe he still thinks you're sick. He laughed.

"I know, but I'll stay married to him, so I can have access to all his credit cards." I smirked.

That's my woman, have a nice trip.

He hung up.

"Matt, if you think I'm going to give you the divorce and let you be happy with that whore Val, you're sadly mistaken.

Valerie

"Chicken with mashed potatoes. Your dad's favorite." I said as I placed the food on the table.

"This is my favorite too!"

"Mine too!"

He laughed.

"Smells amazing." Matt, said as he entered the dining room.

He leaned in to kiss me, but stop because we have a little witness.

"Kissed her daddy." He said as he grabbed a piece of chicken.

"What?" We said in unison.

"I saw you kissing her in the car."

"Shoot, you can see everything from the guest-room." I said sheepishly.

"In that case." He placed a soft kiss on my lips. "You don't mind that I kissed her?"

He shook his head. "I like Val. I don't like mommy."

"Okay then, so we have your permission to kiss." I said.

He just smiled at us. After dinner, Matt gave him a bath and then read him a bedtime story.

"I didn't even finish the first chapter and he was out." Matt, said as he entered my room. I giggled.

"So, what happened with Claire?" I asked as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"Well.."

He proceeded to tell me everything with details.

"So, you're giving your marriage a second chance?"

He sat next to me and interlaced our fingers. "No, I just need for her to get better and then I'll tell her I want to get a divorce."

"And what if she doesn't give you the divorce?"

"There's ways I can get it, don't worry about it." He kissed me.

I sighed, "I just want you away from her, I don't get a good vibe from that woman. Something is fishy."

"I'm way ahead of you." He caressed my face.

"Meaning?"

"I called her parents to congratulate them on their anniversary, they're actually nice people. Anyway, and they told me it wasn't their anniversary."

"What if she's having an affair?"

"It's a possibility." He replied.

"Well, you're having an affair too." I grinned at him.

"One that I'm hoping to change from affair, to being together forever." He kissed me.

"Me too, I want you to live here with Jaxson, be together without hiding."

"Same, beautiful." He said as he removed my top. "Are you tired?"

"Nope."

And we had an amazing wild night.

..............

The next day, I woke up and went to make breakfast.

"Can I help." I turned to see, Jax.

I smiled. "Of course you can." I picked him up and placed him on the counter.

He swung his little legs and just looked at me. "You're nice."

"Thank you." I put flour on the tip on his nose. He giggled.

"Now this is a view, I love very much." I turned to see, Matt, with messy hair and yawning.

"Daddy, were making breakfast!" He squealed.

Matt chuckled. "I see, well let's help, Valerie."

Jax, passed me every ingredient I told him and made pancakes, Matt was in charge of the scramble eggs and bacon. We placed everything on the table and sat down.

"Coffee for us." I placed two mugs in front of our plates. "And apple juice, cause coffee is bad for you."

"I can so get used to this." He kissed my cheek.

"Me too." I smiled.

"Daddy, I like being here, can I stay here forever?" Jaxson said, as he grabbed a piece of pancake and then ate it.

"One day we will." He smiled at Jax.

"I don't want to go home."

"We will stay here the whole week." He replied.

"Okay."

I grabbed Jaxson's face and made him face me. "Your daddy has some stuff he needs to deal with, and after that, you can stay here forever."

"Really?"

"Yes, once everything is clear, we will move here." Matt said as he lightly pinched Jaxson's, cheeks.

"Okay." He was back to happy Jaxson.

After breakfast, Jaxson, went to watch cartoons. Matt and I, went to the backyard and sat on the grass with him against a tree and me between his legs.

"Can we stay like this forever?" I said as I snuggled to him.

"One day, beautiful." He kissed my cheek.

I sat on his lap and kissed him. "I love you."

"I love you more, Val."