Chapter 13: New People

After my classes were over, someone approached me. I turned around and it was a handsome guy.

"Hi." I said.

"Hey, you're in my class, and for sometime, I've been wanting to ask you out, but you are always in a rush and I get no time to talk to you." He replied.

"Knowing your name would help." I replied.

"I'm, Leo Black."

"Violet Carter." We shook hands.

"So, how about this Saturday we go out."

"Sounds good." I smiled.

We exchanged numbers and then he left. I mean, meeting new people is good, Aaron, doesn't want anything to do with me romantically, although earlier was so confusing.

.............

I arrived home and found dad sleeping on the couch with Liv, on his chest sleeping too. I chuckled.

"She drained, Owen's, energy." Grace, said as she came out of the kitchen.

"Thanks for taking care of her today." I hugged her.

"We love to take care of Liv, sweetest toddler ever. Nina and Cole were a nightmare as toddlers, the amount of money we spent on paint was insane." She sighed as I laughed.

"Painting is my passion." Nina, said as she entered the living-room.

"Of course it is." I pinched her cheeks.

"Only because it's you, I'm allowing the pinching." She sighed.

I chuckled.

"So, how are things with, Aaron?" Grace asked.

"They're normal. We're just two people who are not romantically involved, raising a daughter." I replied.

"Give it time."

"I actually got asked on a date by a, classmate." I sighed.

"Gee, you sound so depressed." Nina, added her two cents.

"Sweetie, adult conversation." Grace, gave her a look.

"Fine, I'll go wait for Liv, to wake up." She went to the living room and sat on the edge of the couch.

"I'm team Aaron, I have a feeling he will come to his senses when he finds out you're going on a date." She smirked.

"Maybe, I hope so. He is the only man that has ever caught my attention, the other times I dated, I was bored and wanted to punch them." I groaned.

Grace, laughed and then said, "trust nature, let it take its course. I did, and I'm happily married to a man I thought I could never have." She smiled.

"Dad, is amazing." I smiled.

"He is." She said in a daze.

.............

Saturday arrived, and Aaron came by to pick up Liv. Course, Liv, wanted to stay a bit more here, so, Aaron Georgia, Liv and I, are in the living-room waiting for their favorite movie to end.

"So, what's new?" I asked.

"Aside from spending time with my daughters, nothing new. You?"

"Uhm, I'm going on a date."

"Date? Is he in my class?" I could sense a bit of jealousy. Let's see.

"Yeah. Leo Black he-"

"He's a player, gets with girl humps them and then toss them aside like trash." He said without missing a beat.

"How do you know?" I gave him a look.

"He has a reputation, I know everything that goes in that college." He said.

"Well, it's still a free meal, and no, I'm not going to let him get that close to me. I'm not that horny." I whispered the last word.

He laughed. "Alright, he might try to sweet talk to you."

"Please, he'll be met by a great punch. Besides, I won't be alone. I suggested we have the date at my mom's bakery, also my dad will be there. Mom needs him to help with a big order and the staff she has, isn't big enough for the order."

"Did you tell him it was your family's bakery?"

"Nope, because I want to have fun and see what atrocious things he says and what reaction is my dad going to have." I chuckled.

He just smiled. "That's a very twisted mind you got, miss, Carter." He leaned in and added. "I like it."

My heart just skipped a beat. What is happening here? could Grace be right?

..............

We arrived at my mom's bakery, I shot her and dad a text to act like they don't know me. They thought at first cause I'd be embarrassed. I told them that I wanted to see how the dude acts and then they understood.

I ordered Oreo cheesecake with coffee. He only ordered, A coffee. Says he was watching his figure.

"Your orders." Lucia, placed them on the table. She's my age and works with mom to help support her little sister, that's Liv's age.

They actually live upstairs, mom turned the storage room, into an apartment and she told Lucia, that the apartment was hers. She has worked here, since she was 13 years old. Her parents died last year, drug addicts and mom couldn't let them be alone in that neighborhood, so they live upstairs.

"Hot stuff." He eyed, Lucia, up and down.

"Excuse me?" She gave him a look.

"The coffee." He smirked.

"And hot stuff, you don't have the right tool. I prefer chick's over dicks." With that said, she left. I laughed, I love her.

"You know, if you eat all that, you'll start to destroy your perfect figure. No guy likes chubby girls." He told me as he was going through his phone.

"Reasons why I don't like guys my age, I prefer older men, they know what they want and oh man, the sex is Incredible, very experienced."

"What?"

"What, you thought I was gonna cry over the shit you said." I laughed. "No honey, I don't cry over silly things."

"So, me sweet talking to you-"

"Is useless." I gave him a cheeky smile.

I went to the bathroom and when I returned, I saw him going through his phone and sending dick pictures to tons of girls. What's wrong with this asshole? I sat down and order a sandwich with a milkshake.

"Eating more?"

"You see, my daughter enjoys eating, all kinds of food and maintains her figure." Mom told him.

"And next time, I'll break you in two, if you disrespect my daughter at college. Cause after today, dating my daughter is out of the question for you." Dad said as he gripped Leo's shoulder hard.

His eyes widened when he saw dad. "Aren't you the multi billionaire man on earth? How come you're here? And you're her dad!?"

"What can I say, when my wife needs me, I put on a pink apron cause they didn't have more colors and help her. One day when you meet someone you'll understand. And FYI, that someone will make you see hell. Because karma is real."

"Bye, Leo." I waved him goodbye.

He groaned and left the bakery. We laughed.

"Need any help?"

"Nah, we got this." Mom said as she hugged dad.

"Alright then." I hugged them and then left.

What a crazy night, I think I'm done with dating for a while.