Chapter 11: Time Together

The next day, I got Liv's stuff ready for Aaron to pick her up.

"Are you excited?"

"Yes." She smiled.

"Alright then, mommy is going to miss you so much." I kissed her cheeks. She giggled.

"Me too." She hugged me.

The doorbell rang and I went to open it. Aaron was there with Georgia holding his hand.

"Daddy!" Liv, screamed as she hugged his leg.

He chuckled as he picked her up. "Hey, princess, are you ready?"

"Yes." She squished his cheeks making him laugh.

"Hi, Georgia." I smiled at her.

"Hi." She smiled at me.

"Do I get a hug?"

She grinned at me and hugged me.

"Have fun with your daddy and sister."

She smiled as Aaron placed Liv on the floor. Georgia immediately hugged her. It was the most beautiful sight ever.

"I'll bring back Liv, tomorrow at 7pm."

"Sounds good. Enjoy your weekend with your daughters."

"I will."

I just nodded. I hugged Liv and she gave me a kiss on my cheek. Georgia hugged me goodbye and then the three left.

"Now what?" I sighed.

There was a knock on the door, I looked through the peephole and it was, Raysa and Cindy with a box of pizza and chocolate cake. I opened it and they entered.

"Figured we would stay the weekend here. A weekend of us girls. No guys nothing." Raysa told me.

"Exactly what I need." I smiled.

"Horror movies, while we stuff our faces in the deliciousness of junk food." Cindy added with so much excitement.

I chuckled. I hugged them both. A girls weekend no guy drama, is exactly what I need.

...........

They both fell asleep in the guest bedroom, I went to my room and took a shower. Once I changed into comfy clothes, I texted, Aaron about Liv.

My phone lit up and it was Aaron.

"Hey, how are things? How's Liv?"

Things are good. Although when you put two toddlers under the same roof is chaos.

I chuckled. "You haven't seen my house with just one toddler."

I hear ya, but two is a tornado.

I smiled. "Cute tornados."

That they are. Liv and Georgia are everything to me. I just met Liv, but I love her already.

"I'm happy to hear that. And again I'm sorry, for hiding the truth." I sighed.

Yeah, there's a lot we need to talk, but that can wait. Right now, I want to enjoy having Liv, in my life.

"Okay. Well, goodnight Aaron."

Goodnight, Violet. He hung up.

His voice sent me shivers. Ugh, maybe one day we might be together. Maybe.

..........

Aaron

The next day I woke up with 4 little arms shaking me. I looked at the clock and groaned.

"It's only 7 am. Daddy wants to sleep." I yawned.

"No, sleeping." Liv, said.

"Breakfast!" Georgia added.

"Fine, let's go."

"Yay!" They both squealed as they left my room. I chuckled.

I put a shirt and made my way to the kitchen. They both screamed waffles when I asked them. After 20 minutes of making eggs and waffles, I placed everything on the table and we enjoyed a nice breakfast. I sent, Violet a picture of Liv and Georgia devouring their breakfast. She replied with laughing emojis.

...............

The girls were watching their favorite movie, the little mermaid. And I went to my office to finish grading some papers.

"I thought I burn all these pictures."

I looked at the pictures of my ex wife. She passed away, last year. Drunk driver hit her and took her life out immediately. I was sad, at one point we did love each other. We were drifting and I wanted to work on our marriage, but when she bailed on our anniversary, that was it for me. And then I saw her, Violet. She was the best I've ever had.

After my wife, I promised myself, I wouldn't get involved with anyone. And then I saw her again. Violet Carter. I wanted to get to know her, but the fact that she kept Liv a secret, makes me angry. Maybe one day.

I grabbed all the pictures and ripped them all and then threw them in the trash. Time for new memories. I went to the living-room and grabbed my instant camera and took one with my daughter's. I looked the polaroid picture and smiled.