𝟬𝟮. 𝗙𝗮𝗸𝗲

"You can stop here

"You can stop here." I tell Quinc as we near the school, if i had it my way I would have driven myself but my father was insistent that i would be dropped for the first day to ensure a punctual arrival.

"Bye." She says before unlocking the door and I'm almost shocked. I make my way up the steps holding my cardigan tighter towards my body because it's a lot fucking colder than it looks.

When I arrive at reception, the blonde haired lady hands me my time table with a smile. They've all had the call, the know of my arrival and they all tried disgustingly hard to suck up to my dad when he came in for a meeting. That's another thing I hate actually, the manipulation that comes with being well known. You can trust anyone, and you can almost never configure whether they're just that nice or only to you.

It's part of the reason why I made little to no effort in making friends in all my other schools. There's only a matter of time before people start expecting things of you -and they will- sooner or later they'll make their true intentions known, and you'll wonder how you fell for it.

I take a look at my timetable, skimming down to todays date:

First period: Science
Second period: History
-Free period-
Fourth period: Business studies
-Lunch-
Fifth period: Art

The only lesson that seems remotely okay is art since it's not academic, but at least I have a free period too. I make my way over to my designated locker, number 73.

I enter the code given to me at the top of my timetable and open the door. The locker is slightly bigger than average and since it's on the top row I decide that I might buy a mirror to stick behind the door, I'll buy it to never even look in though, typical.

Just as I start locking the door back up I notice a group of girls making their way over to me. A bright blondie seems to be leading the rest of them, and I can already from the brittle texture and yellow hue tell that she's been box dying her hair for the last seven years; plus her roots are coming through.

They all stop once they're about a foot away from me, their eyes travel up and down my body making me feel slightly uncomfortable, but I try my best not to show it. 

"Can I help you?" I finally ask when the blonde leader won't stop staring at the small section of my stomach that's not covered.

"Are you new here?" She squeaks. Squeaks being the accurate word since her voice sounds nothing like normal New Yorkers, she has that typical whiny American accent that I can't stand.

"Have you ever seen me here before?" I ask.

"No."

"Then there's your answer." I reply before picking up my bag from the floor and turning to walk the other way.

"Your bag's a fake." She shouts and I stop in my tracks. I turn on the ball of my heels and make my way back over to her, not stopping until we're a rulers distance apart.