𝟯𝟵. 𝗚𝗿𝗼𝘄𝘁𝗵

"I'm not going back there Grayson

"I'm not going back there Grayson. That's not my home. I'm moving out."

I didn't realise that now really wasn't the most appropriate time to spring the new found information to Grayson, but there was an open opportunity and the words kind of just fell out.

"I'm moving out after Christmas, and I was going to ask you to come with me." I finish, trying to figure out whether the frantic beating of his chest right beneath my head is a good sign or a bad sign; desperately hoping for the former.

"But I guess this probably wasn't the best time to ask considering you hate me right now." I let out with a nervous laugh and the arm around my neck tightens.

"I don't hate you Beau. I might not like the things you do but I've never hated you and I never fucking will." He lets out a long and deep breath and I wonder what I did to deserve this fucking saint."We fly back to New York toda-

"What?!" I practically jump out of his arms, turning to face him and all his fucking glory.

"It's the first of December Beau. I have seventeen days before my fight, if we don't go now there's no point me doing it at all. I'm already way too far behind, and I can't afford to fuck this up." His words come out full of emotion, in specific nerves and worry as he explains why we're expected to hop onto a plane, and realization dawns on me.

"Your fight. Fuck." I've spent so long drowning in my own despairs, surrounded by constant reminders of what's going on in my life that I forgot to take others' into consideration. This fight means more to Grayson than he's let on, and I've just admitted to having forgotten all about it.

"You know one day this will all be in the past, but right now I just need time." He interrupts my negative train of thought, "I can't just up and leave my mom without discussing it with her first either, but I'm eighteen and I'm not her fucking husband. I want to move out and if I decide that now's the time, then there's not much she can do about it."

"You want to?" I ask in disbelief. I've only just proposed the idea and he's already accepted it- maybe not with open arms- but I wasn't expecting that, post argument or not. This was my decision, and I don't want him to feel pressured into maturing more than he already has at such a fast rate.

"Really?" He nods his head and my eyes meet the floor. "Then you go back to New York." I state, but the confused and opposing expression already riddling itself across his face lets me know that this is a proposition he isn't so keen on.

"When my dad told me that I was 'coming to see my sister' he said it was because I needed a break. Suggested I stay with her 'til the New Year and I obviously believed it, but I also begun to get used to the idea and I think that I should st-