𝟱𝟴. 𝗦𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗲

It's the 11th anniversary of Hamptons&Co

It's the 11th anniversary of Hamptons&Co. Michaels business consisting of ridiculously overpriced rich people things. Yachts and private jets and everything that moves but not on solid ground. In other words, it's a press day. Drinks and celebrations on his latest yacht, that will apparently be available to the public after tonight. Only three made. Usually there's twelve, but the limited edition ones are -well- limited.

Beau only agreed on turning up to support her father, if I could come too; turns out the invite had already been extended to me anyway. So here we are, preparing for a black tie event in a five star hotel in the middle of  The Hamptons. I can only thank Michael for arranging this on a weekend, since Beau's already been called into that tiny office four times in the last month, though her attendance hasn't been the issue for the most of them, more the 'lack of interaction' in lessons. I think they're just trying to make an issue out of nothing, but that's just my opinion. Albeit, biassed.

"You clean up well." Fraser walks out, black button down with white shorts and some smart shoes. He looks fucking hilarious, and the worst part is I practically look the same.

"Wasn't me, thank housekeeping." he pulls his sunglasses to the top of his head, piercing those hazel eyes into my chest.

"It's a British saying for 'you can actually sharpen up your appearance' you absolute knobhead." I roll my eyes and turn back to the mirror, embarrassed.

"Who's a knobhead? Is dad here already?" Darcy walks out and I actually laugh because I thought it was only Beau who carried a slight distaste towards Michael but, maybe I was wrong.

"No, Grayson. Still doesn't understand our lingo. I mean, how long has it been now?" I think he's asking me but I don't respond. It's almost April so, around six months since I first met Beau.

"That's Beaus problem. Grayson?" Darcy calls, I turn around. She looks far too nice for a yacht. "Put this on." she holds out a silver chain I don't think I'd ever expect to see in her hands, not unless it was the strap of her Chanel flap.

"What is it?" I ask, already knowing it's some sort of jewellery.

"A chain, a necklace, I don't know. Just put it on, and take that other one off." I almost feel offended, the chain I've worn almost everyday for God knows how long leaves my neck as I replace it with the heavier, colder, shinier, silver chain.

"Why does someone always have to take my other fucking shoe? Is this a game of hide and fucking seek?" Beau hops out of the bathroom, cursing her head off. Bending over, the leg with her one heel on behind her, searching the room for her missing heel that happens to be in Darcy's hand.

"Here, you told me to take the label off, remember?" Darcy scoffs. Handing her sister her missing shoe. Beau takes it, slips it on and stands to a new, taller height. And there's a fucking masterpiece of jewels across her neck. I open my mouth to speak, not sure whether to compliment her beauty first, or that extravagant combination of sapphire and diamonds.