𝟱𝟯. 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗲 𝗺𝗲

A/N: play 'Trigger Bang' at any point when Beau arrives at the bar. (if you want!)

In the five days we've been back in the States, it's been pretty calm up until now

In the five days we've been back in the States, it's been pretty calm up until now. The 31st of December. Another year gone before I even had the chance to appreciate it. Shot right past my eyes, leaving only the memories we failed to realise would become a distant remembrance at the time. 365 days, 12 months, a year; I tack the other side of my 'Happy New Year' banner up and collapse onto my brand new vanilla couch.

Grayson and I officially moved in on the 29th. Two days after we got back home. Whoever was free came round to watch movies over takeout and a shit tonne of popcorn. No drinks or partying or any sort of wild house party because I really think I'm moving on from all of that. Brazil was a little bit of a rebound, I let myself loose and drunk and partied pretty much every night with the girls but this place is the mark of new beginnings or however that corny saying goes.

Apart from the new years party both Grayson and I were adamant to host, this apartment will only ever be our source of solace and protection; and I'll do whatever I can to make sure of it.

"What time will you be back? Like 11:30?" Grayson walks in holding three pots of mediterranean olives that I requested as canapé's. He fucking hates them, as do 60% of the rest of my family and friends but I'm more than happy with that, the more for me.

"No thanks! Minus an hour, 10:30 is all I fear I can manage." I reply, referring to Isla's bar I'll be visiting tonight to show some support or promotion or whatever she convinced me into showing my face for an hour or two, since her business has fallen significantly since the colder months hit. I told her it was the location: no one parties in the Upper West side when the East is just around the corner.

She shut me down right away and surprisingly, I wasn't offended or upset with how direct she was to someone she'd known less than an hour on that beach. She's 25 and thriving, had her fair share of hills that felt more like mountains to climb. Drugs, abuse, alcohol. It surprised me at first, that someone with such perfect highlights and cinnamon glazed nails was once the same girl I'm trying to run from, but that's just it.

There's never a tell tale sign that gives it all away. The more words that fell from her mouth, landed directly onto my chest as respect piled for this extraordinary woman. I told myself that if she could do it, who's to say I can't? Anyway, I said I'd give her two hours, already knowing I'll hate every minute.

"Ok, I'll pick you up at 10:30." Grayson confirms and I thank him with a smile before getting up to change into my outfit. You'd only need to imagine a bow made from nothing less than gold and silver diamantés with a little black rope to keep the thing secure on my chest, and you'd have a pretty good interpretation of my top tonight.

It might be New Year's Eve but I decided my Gabanna sequin shorts might be over doing it a little, so I shuffled my thighs into a pair of Chloe shorts, added 5.5 inches to my height with my heels and headed back out into my open plan kitchen, my favourite part being the marble island I dreamed of as a child.