𝟮𝟮. 𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗲𝘀

Her hand slowly slips into mine as we enter through the automatic doors to Lilahs school

Her hand slowly slips into mine as we enter through the automatic doors to Lilahs school. My mind is still racing with hundreds of different ideas of how to ask this girl to be mine, because up until ten minutes ago I thought she already was.

"Oh you made it." My mother exclaims with relief when we take a seat beside her. But the minute she spots Beau she's on her feet again to greet her. Takes me by surprise a bit since she's never this friendly. Like ever.

"Oh my gosh hello again sweetie, how are you?" They spend a minute or two making small talk, with Beau on my right and my mom on the left meaning I'm sitting in between a full blown conversation.

It's not until the lights begin to dim do they realise it's probably time to stop. A little introduction is given before the curtain draws and out comes my tiny little sister, looking not so tiny in a pair of ballet slippers and a pink tutu.

I know I can be a bit of a jerk towards everyone else, but I'll never be anything but the best attempt of a brother I can be to her.

Beau coos quietly to herself, clutching onto her heart when Delilah's solo comes up. Three consecutive little spins get performed with perfect execution and I'd be lying if I said she wasn't making me proud.

I catch Beau look up at me, and I silently thank god for the dim lighting. Never even knew men were capable of blushing until I met her, now I think I need to purchase a tube of concealer to fix the permanent cherry stain she gives me.

I give in and look down at her big brown eyes, I can't see all the different shades in this light but I don't need to. I can remember each ring of medium to dark cocoa brown around her iris' as if they were my own.

When I realise I've probably blankly stared at her for a little too long, I return my focus back to the performance. That was until she let out a sigh that's too hard to ignore, and I offered every last piece of my attention to her again.

"What?" I whisper quietly, not letting go of the eye contact Lilah has just made with me.

"You need to smile more." She whispers back and I'm left with no choice but to look at her again, only she'd have the urge to say something as wild as that. I shake my head and turn back to watch the performance.

Wondering how the fuck I'm meant to survive with her for the rest of my life, whilst secretly indulging in the heavenly scent of jasmine and musk that's been left on this maroon hoodie.

It's addicting.