𝟮𝟳. 𝗔𝗿𝘁

"I mean what the fuck, is all I can say

"I mean what the fuck, is all I can say."

Mikey kicks off the conversation the minute we're all in the car and Kingsley sighs- probably in agreement.

"Look, I don't even know." I groan, fucked up a bit. Even had Darcy trying to blame Beau for it which I couldn't have, it was my fault completely.

"I mean couldn't you have just taken her away from the situation instead of causing another one?" Mikey starts and I decide it's probably best I stay silent even though it kills, as if he wouldn't do the same for Bella.

The rest of the car ride is pretty silent. There's bad traffic around Mikeys house which means it took twice as long to reach Beaus, and when I do there's a cab waiting just outside.

"Thanks for the ride." are the only words I say before shutting the door respectfully. As I make my way to Beaus front door, I see that Darcy is making her way out.

I thought she'd react worse to what happened knowing she's all posh and civilised. But it seems as if she was more pissed she had to leave the party than anything.

"You on your way out?" I ask, knowing she's booked some fancy hotel a few blocks away because she likes the independent life apparently.

"Yeah, going to check in to my room now." She smiles lightly and I take a few more steps closer to where she stands on the porch.

"Alright well I-

"Grayson," she interrupts my sentence but I almost felt it coming. I'm facing the front door and she's right beside me, except she's facing the taxi so we're almost the opposite of each other.

"Yeah?" I respond as she takes a deep breath.

"Whatever you do," she turns her head to look up to me, holding a strong eye contact "please don't break her heart."

The words give me whiplash, ever since I met Beau I've barely looked at another girl. She's consumed every part of me ever since she imprinted herself with permanent ink in my mind.

Breaking her heart just isn't in the equation, whether we work out or not I'd hope we could continue to be civil. The words almost smash mine, because I'd much rather walk away broken then leave her like that.

"I won't." I reply firmly, because I know I wouldn't ever be able to live with myself if I do.

"Good." She replies but it comes out as more of a whisper, "goodnight Grayson." She bids me farewell, before taking speedy steps towards the yellow taxi parked on the curb and I sigh, fucking exhausted.