𝟯𝟰. 𝗧𝘂𝗿𝗯𝘂𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

It's been three whole days and I've got another four to go until a flight to London is available

In simpler words, I'm losing my fucking mind.

Lucas hasn't stopped calling me. With my fight round the corner now is the time life needed to give me nothing but peace, this is the time I needed not a single distraction. But of course, we never get what we want and Beau will never be a distraction when she's the main point of focus.

I've thought of everything. How long it'd be if I were to get a fucking boat to another state where there might be a sooner flight, but there's still nothing for at least four days.

The sound of my phone vibrating against my bedside table feels like stepping on Lego, that's how irritating it's become. I lean forward to grab it, a finger away from immediately pressing decline when I realise it's not Lucas.

An unknown number.

I swipe right within an instant, praying on everything to hear Beaus voice on the other end. I didn't, but it was close enough.

"Almost ended the bloody call with how slow you were Grayson." Darcy.

"Sorry it came up as unknown." I apologise, my insides burning with curiosity as to why she's ringing me of all people.

"I have too many questions for one short phone call, so I'll settle with the most important one. What are you doing right now?" She asks and I look around my bedroom, more specifically at the swinging punching bag pointlessly.

"Currently in between checking airlines for flights and punching my bag when nothing comes up. And you?" A small chuckle comes out the other end of the phone, and it's so similar to Beaus I find myself smiling.

"Fortunately for some, not only was I gifted the beauty but also the brains. Fraser and I bought a jet at the beginning of the month, as a Christmas present to both our selves and Beau. It's as much hers as it is mine and Frasers. I know no flights are going because I already checked, I've sent the jet out a few hours ago for you."

If I was pointlessly staring around my room before, god knows what this is called now.

"For real?" It's all I can say, because I'm really hoping that this is real.

"For real." She replies, a teasing attempt at an American accent in her voice.

"I'll send you the address of where to go, and I'll be waiting with Fraser for you when you land. Speaking as of now, Beau still isn't allowed visitors but you can stay with us until she is." Gratitude is a beautiful thing, and right now it flows out of me in excess.

"I don't even know how to thank you." I begin,

"Oh I do, bring me some of those jolly ranchers and I'd call it even." I can see the same cheeky smile that illuminates her sisters face from here, and to that I smile wider.