𝟰𝟴. 𝗖𝘂𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗱

"Fuck

"Fuck. Fuckk." The only word that I can pronounce correctly right now pours out of my mouth profoundly as my phone slips from my fingers and onto the floor by the brakes.

The road is dark and unfamiliar, followed by the ever-growing rain and the fact that this isn't even my fucking car, nothing is helping. Nothing is calm, nothing is offering me a smidge of security and absolutely nothing is making any fucking sense.

I manage to slam my finger onto Kingsley's contact the minute I spot his name on the long, long list. It only takes two rings before a fellow Brit speaks from down the line. There's one of my heels flung somewhere in the back so I could drive, the contents of my bag spilling out onto the passenger seat and my heart left somewhere in the middle of a narrow alley in the outskirts of New York.

"Be-

"What the fuck is going on?!" I cry, trying my hardest not to because I'm already half drunk, exhausted and alarmed. Tear stained vision and I'm practically asking to crash.

"Just calm down, calm down where are you?" He asks from behind the line but how can I be calm when the man I love just pushed me into his car with little to no explanation, right before metal cuffs were clamped around his wrist as I drove away. How the fuck is this man asking me to be calm when I have no idea what is going on.

"Calm? Calm Kingsley?" I shout, palms slipping down the wheel due to the literal beads of sweat visibly rolling off. "Kingsley, Grayson just pushed me into his car and forced me to drive off right before he walked over to a group of fucking cops, what the fuck is going on?" I'm reinquiering again, because clearly no one cares to let me in on the latest crimal activity performed by my boyfriend. I'm going insane.

Grayson's not a criminal, Grayson has never done anything that would result in a cop coming within a metre near him. But maybe that's what I've been led to believe, maybe I don't know the man I'd die for. I'm going to scream.

"Listen to me, I don't know." I groan, so loud I don't hear the rest of his sentence but I don't think I care, because he doesn't know and the love of my life is in the back of a police car.

"Well you must know something because he told me to call you." I retort, putting my foot down and merely missing a red light.

"Has Grayson been anywhere today? Like alone? What were youse two doing today?" he asks and I frown.

"Is this going to help me understand why my boyfriend was just handcuffed?" I snap back.

"Yes, answer the question Beau."

"We got back from the hotel, he dropped me home, went home himself to check on Delilah before he went to meet Dylan somewhere. I don't know what they were meant to do but plans got cancelled and he was a bit weird on the way to the restaurant a-

"Weird how?" He interrupts right as the heavens open just a little more.

"I don't know, just quieter than usual. He didn't even meet Dylan in the end though, Alexander or whatever the fuck his name is is in hospital so their plans changed." I explain, mind still racing over each part of the day, searching for any clues as to where along the lines of Grayson dropping me home and returning there himself, the night would end up like this.