chapter two.

TW: mentions of throwing up.

august 14, 2020.

"You're never gonna fucking believe what happened today

"You're never gonna fucking believe what happened today." I storm through my front door, my hands still shaking from the news I was told just four hours prior.

Work was literal hell. I couldn't focus. Not after what I'd just been offered. All that kept going through my head was Harry Styles.

"Sh! I just got Ivy to sleep. She refused to go to bed tonight. She wanted to play pretty pretty princess!" Mila scolds softly.

I mouth sorry before setting my stuff down on the kitchen island and motioning for Mila to come and join me.

"So what happened?" Mila cracks open a soda, sitting across from me as I pick apart some grapes.

"Professor Moore called me into her office. At first I thought I was getting in trouble, because I kept zoning out during class and didn't really know what was going on." I sigh, popping a grape in my mouth before continuing.

"I went to her office and she told me that a friend of hers is currently directing a movie and wanted an intern to have by her side." I
Mila nods, her eyes wide as she watches me tell this story without even taking a second to breathe.

"She asked Professor Moore if there was anyone in her classes that she felt like would be a great fit and Professor Moore said that great fit was me!" Mila gasps quietly, a hand going over her mouth as she takes in the news.

"Are you serious?" She laughs. "You're going to be directing a movie?" I nod, a smile on my face as I pull apart another grape.

"It'll be more lighting work and angles but yeah." I smile. "And you'll never guess who's starring in the movie."

"Who?" Mila furrows her brows and I take that as my que to continue. "Chris Pine, Florence Pugh and Harry Styles."

"You're shitting me." Her face drops and I swear I can physically see her heart beating out of her chest.

"I'm not! Professor Moore gave me the directors number. Her name is Audrey Martin. I called her on my way home and we spoke. She wants to meet for coffee tomorrow so we can go over everything before filming starts."

"Ro. I'm so fucking proud of you, holy shit." Mila beams, a bright smile on her face.

"Thank you Mila. I finally feel like all my hard work is being appreciated." I breathe, running a hand through my hair as I remember these past four years.

If you told freshman, just had a baby in college me that i'd be interning on the set of a hollywood movie my senior year, I would've laughed in your face.

The first first year of college was rough. Ivy had colic and was extremely clingy. I was exclusively breastfeeding too so if i didn't pump between classes, my boobs would be so engorged you could see my veins. and it hurt.