chapter thirty three.

THIS IS PART TWO OF A DOUBLE UPDATE !!! READ CHAPTER 32 BEFORE THIS!!!

February 4, 2021.

"Will you go grab the baby wipes from the bathroom? Her hands are so sticky

"Will you go grab the baby wipes from the bathroom? Her hands are so sticky." Rory sighs, instructing Ivy to lift her arms up.

I nod and kiss her on the head before exiting Ivy's room and heading to the bathroom.

I dig through a few drawers and after having no luck finding the wipes in any of the drawers, I open the cabinets under the sink and begin digging through the unorganized chaos.

"Fucking finally." I mutter, spotting the wipes on top of a box. I grab the wipes and go to shut the cabinet when the box the wipes were sitting on catches my eye.

I can see just enough of the box to see that it says "OVER 99% ACCURATE."

My breath catches in my throat and I place the wipes to the side, digging the unfamiliar box from under the sink. I pull out the box and gulp.

It's a box of pregnancy tests.

They look brand new. The seal on the box hasn't even been broken but I pay enough attention to know that these tests were not down here two weeks ago when I came in here to find extra gargling cups for Ivy.

Worried and upset that Rory may be keeping something as big as us having a baby from me, I grab both the wipes and the unopened pregnancy test and walk out the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

I walk back into Ivy's room, clenching the box so tight I can feel it crumbling in my hands.

Flustered, nauseous and confused,  I hold up the pregnancy tests, and look at Rory with a confused look on my face. "Rory what is this?"

Rory shoots her head over to me and her eyes widen. I see tears start to form in her eyes and immediately let the guard down I know I've built.

"I haven't taken it yet." Rory eventually blurts, looking at me in fear. I take a deep breath and swallow the anxious bile threatening to spew from my throat.

"Do you think you're pregnant?" I ask softly, looking down at the box of pregnancy tests still in my hand.

"I don't know." Rory whispers, her voice wavering. "I've just felt off."

"Were you going to take it without telling me?"

The thought of Rory finding out she's pregnant without me is sickening. I don't want her to feel like she has to keep things, especially big things like this from me because of her past.