chapter thirty nine.

March 25, 2021.

12 weeks pregnant.

"And now we wait." I smile, closing the car door.

We just dropped off the envelope holding our sweet baby's gender at the bakery. The owner is supposed to give us a call once the cake is ready and gave us an estimated wait time of two hours, so we have some time to kill.

Once we get the call, we'll go pick up the cake and then head out to Johnny's place, where we'll then have a private gender reveal with just Harry, Ivy and I present.

We decided a few weeks ago that we want Ivy to do the honors of cutting into the cake. She's apart of this life change too and it's only fair that we include her in something so special.

She's still positive that this baby is a girl. Any time Harry or I bring up the baby possibly being a boy, she immediately tells us no and swears that her and her baby sister have had talks, and that the baby in my belly is in fact a little sister she'll get to dress up and play tea party with.

Everyday my thoughts change. Yesterday I was certain this little one was a girl, but today I'm feeling like they might be a boy.

Harry's prediction has never changed. Since before I even found out I was pregnant, he was confident that him and I were going to have two kids, one of which would be a girl.

Once we found out I was pregnant, his heart was set on this baby being a girl. When he talks to the baby, he'll slip up every now and then and call the baby a she.

Neither of us truly care though. We just want a healthy baby. Ivy is going to be the one that we'll have a bit of issues with if the baby is a boy.

We haven't dealt with any jealous tendencies yet between Ivy and the baby, thankfully. I think a lot of them will start to make their appearance after the baby is born.

My anxiety surrounding it all has started to drift off. I started my online therapy program last week and so far it's going well.

My therapist is very nice and accepting of my crazy schedule which I'm so beyond thankful for. At first I was worried the program wouldn't work out because of my schedule.

The only thing I'm having trouble with is keeping my stress levels down. We're moving into Harry's house next week so my mind has been a bit scrambled.

Between my mom, Ivy and the baby, I feel like it's hard for me to stay focused on one thing. Most of Ivy's room is packed up, but my moms room hasn't even been touched.