chapter ten.

September 5, 2020.

After a long week of filming, It was finally the weekend and everyone had a couple days off

As promised, Rory and I are taking Ivy to the park later today, and I may or may not have planned a quick little date for all three of us.

It's nothing big. After we go to the park I plan on taking Ivy and Rory to my house for a few hours.

I know Rory has had anxiety about Ashton showing up to the house unannounced since the incident earlier this week. So I figured bringing them to mine would be best.

She hasn't heard from Ashton since that day, but she's sworn up and down that she's seen him driving around her neighborhood at odd hours of the day. So she's been a bit on edge, understandably.

I try and calm her nerves as much as I can, but she's behind the camera 24/7 on set and i'm always on the other side of it.

The only time we really get to talk is on the phone on the drive to set, or when we're leaving. And even then, we don't talk much because Rory wants to get home to see Ivy, and I can't get mad at her for that.

I heard back from my lawyer friend, Alice. Once she's back in LA, she's going to meet up with Rory and talk to her about the restraining order and anything else Rory might have questions about regarding custody.

If all goes well, which i'm almost one hundred percent sure it will, Ashton will not be able to be anywhere near Rory or Ivy, and he will be turned down custody.

My girls will be safe.

They'll be safe from the man who has done nothing but cause fear and heartbreak.

I glance down at my phone on the kitchen counter as it begins to vibrate over and over again, seeing a bunch of texts from Rory coming through on my lock screen.

My heart immediately drops thinking something's wrong. "Shit."

I was going to eat before we spent a few hours at the park, but that can wait. I'll just pick us up something on the way there if I have to.

I wipe my hands off on my apron. My hands trembling as I click on the most recent message that's come through.

Ro. 🤍
HI 🦄
HIIIIIIIII
👋👋👋
BEST FREND
Wen you coming over?
I miss you Hary
Mama misses you too
💩💩💩💩
🐸
🦄🦄🦄🦄🦄

I let out a sigh of relief as I go through the messages, laughing lightly to myself.

It's Ivy.

She's gotten ahold of Rory's phone and is blowing up my phone with messages and emojis.

Ro. 🤍 has changed your contact name