chapter twenty two.

November 6, 2020.

"You seem happier

"You seem happier." Florence points out, taking a sip of her coffee as we sit in my trailer.

"I am." I pull my drink away from my lips. "We um- we talked." I smile lightly, thinking back to Harry and I's conversation the other day.

"Is everything okay between you two?" She asks worriedly, "He was a mess when he came in last week."

"We're great, now." I gulp, looking down at my coffee cup. "I told him what was bothering me and I apologized for pushing him away." I sigh, setting my styrofoam cup down on the table.

"I'm glad you two worked things out." She smiles, taking a deep breath. "I didn't like seeing the two of you look at each other like lost puppies."

"We didn't look like lost puppies!" I scoff, chuckling and shaking my head.

"You might not have, but Harry did." Florence smiles sadly, "He called me you know, to see if you had said anything to me. He really thought he was the cause for everything."

I shake my head, "He wasn't."

"Well I know that!" Florence chuckles, "I'm just saying, that's what he told me. He was panicking, thought he was gonna lose you."

My heart breaks hearing these words come out of Florence's mouth. I didn't realize just how much I had pushed him away until other people started pointing it out to me.

Florence was the first one to point it out, then came Nick, then came Chris, then came Audrey and then came Gemma.

"He's not losing me anytime soon." I smile, looking over at my vanity when Florence points to a picture on the mirror.

"She really loves him doesn't she?" Florence nods. smiling at the picture of Harry and Ivy that I took at the parents lunch a few days ago.

"She does." I bite my lip, unable to contain my smile. "They're like two peas in a pod."

Harry's relationship with Ivy is something I'm glad she has. Other than Drew, Ivy doesn't have a male figure in her life she can look up to.

"He's so good with-"

Florence and I both snap our heads over at the sound of my trailer door squeaking open.

"There you are!" Harry breathes, stepping on the stairs. "They're looking for you." he nods towards Florence and she sighs, throwing her head back.