chapter fifteen.

⚠️MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING⚠️
- DOMESTIC ABUSE AND NONCONSENSUAL TOUCHING.

September 21, 2020.

Never in my life did I think I'd be standing face to face with the man who made my girlfriends life a living hell

And I sure as hell didn't think I'd be standing face to face with him in her driveway.

My whole body is tense and my jaw is locked and firm. I want to punch him so bad. I want to make him feel all of the pain he made Rory feel for years.

I never thought I could have so much built up hatred for a person I've never met, but the guy standing in front me deserves all the karma brought to him and so much more.

He ruined Rory's life. He treated her as if she was an object rather than a person and he rejected his own daughter.

A little girl.

A perfect, beautiful, smart, curious little girl who deserves all of the love in the world and so much more.

And he refuses to give that to her.

"I was just driving through the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by." Ashton smirks, shoving his hands in his pockets as I stand in front of him, completely in defense mode.

I'm so glad Ivy isn't out here to see this.

"Bullshit." I spit, "I've seen you sitting across the street on and off for weeks now." I point to his car parked in the same spot it always is across the street, letting him know that I know It's been him sitting over there.

"Ah." Ashton nods, the stupid smirk still on his face. "So you noticed?"

"Of course I noticed." I scoff, throwing my hands up in the air. "You've been stalking my girlfriend."

"I'm not stalking." Ashton shakes his head, "I'm just simply watching."

"It's stalking." I clarify, "You sit there and watch my girlfriend and our- her daughter for hours."

"Your girlfriend is a piece of shit." Ashton spits, "Why do you think I left her? All she was good for was the sex."

"Don't fucking talk about her like that." I growl, my nostrils flaring as I try and contain my anger.

"Arry?"

I shoot my head over to the front door, mentally cursing to myself as Ivy stands there, a frown on her face.

"Ivy baby, go back inside." I say sternly, shifting to move in front of her out of
protection. "Go upstairs with mumma."

Ivy nods, shutting the front door. I sigh in relief, stepping closer to Ashton.

"I'm giving you thirty seconds to get in that car and leave." I poke his chest, "If you don't leave, I'm calling the cops."

"For what? Trying to see my child?" Ashton chuckles, shaking his head. "You're a dense man, you know that?"