chapter forty three.

April 11, 2021.

14 weeks and 3 days.

"Go easy on mumma, Ives

"Go easy on mumma, Ives." I hear Harry say softly behind me, "You have to be careful of her stomach, remember?"

"I remember daddy." Ivy whispers, "Baby Lola is growing in mommy's tummy."

"Smart girl. Now go wake mumma, gently."

I close my eyes and pretend to still be asleep, jumping slightly when I feel a tiny hand on my shoulder, shaking it lightly.

"Mama, wake up! It's your birthday!" Ivy whisper shouts.

I turn over slowly and smile, lifting my hand to push the hair out of Ivy's face. "Morning pretty girl."

"Morning mama! Happy birthday!" She squeaks, throwing her hands up in the air. "Daddy and I cooked you egg in a basket!"

"Thank you, bug. You did?" I gasp, looking over at Harry in confusion. This baby still does not appreciate the smell and taste of eggs. I'm well into my second trimester and the only time I ever get sick now is when I get wafts of egg.

"Mhm!" Ivy nods, throwing herself against my chest. "And we also got alllll of your favor-ite fruits! You should come eat, mama! For you and sister!"

I let out a small oof at the sudden impact and sigh as the baby within me starts wriggling.

Great, now I need to pee.

"Why don't you go get mumma's place at the table all ready for her?" Harry suggests, seeing my visible discomfort. He pulls Ivy gently off of me and she gasps, nodding before turning on her feet and running out of the room.

I push myself up against the headrest and smile as Harry hovers over my side, his hands firmly placed on the mattress beside my leg.

"Happy birthday, baby." Harry hums, leaning in and kissing me softly. I melt into the kiss and smile against his lips.

He pulls away and tucks my stray hairs behind my ear, his hand softly cupping the side of my face, grazing my chin with his thumb.

"God, you're so beautiful."

His eyes search my face until they meet mine and tears prick my eyes.

I've never felt this loved.

I rarely ever got a happy birthday from Ashton, let alone a birthday kiss and compliments. I spent most of my birthdays by myself when Ashton and I were together.

I think I can name one year where he actually told me happy birthday and kissed me and that was our first year together. Most times on my birthday, he was either out with friends or frankly just didn't give a damn.

Near the end of the relationship he couldn't even remember my birthday. Mila and Drew would mention surprising me for my birthday and his response would always be that he was too busy or that he 'didn't even realize' my birthday was coming up.