chapter twenty nine.

December 28, 2020.

Staring out the iced over window in my mums kitchen, I sigh

Staring out the iced over window in my mums kitchen, I sigh. It's early in the morning, the sun is slowly rising and all I can think about is how happy I am.

I didn't get much sleep last night.

Being here in my hometown with two of the people I love more than life itself is a dream.

I stared at the ceiling all night. I was put in the middle of Rory and Ivy, both of them cuddling into my chest and sleeping peacefully.

All I could do, all I wanted to do was look at Rory and examine all of her tiny features I can't help but fond over.

I love the way her bottom lip pokes out when she's relaxed and in a state of REM. I love the way her lashes flutter slightly when she sighs contentedly in her sleep. I love the small curve at the top of her ear and I love the small freckles that adorn her face.

They're more prominent during the summer months, when the sun is out and shining bright. During the winter months, they're more dull, small and you can only really see them if you focus on them.

Her laugh is contagious. Her smile lights up the room and I love that she's always been the type of person to put others first.

When I first met Rory, I pretty much knew right away she was the one for me. She cares for me and my mental health, not just me and the body that comes with it. She appreciates everything I do, even the smallest things that no one should ever have to thank a man for.

I have to tell her constantly "You don't have to thank me for this."  but she does it anyways. I think it's a fight or flight response to her because of everything she went through with Ashton. He expected her to thank him for every little thing he did.

I'm glad she got away from him and stumbled into my life. She deserves so much more than he could've ever given her. I made a promise to her that I would love her, care for her, be there for her and treat her the way a woman should be treated.

And I'm going to do exactly that.

"Love, what're you doing down here?" I jump at the sound of my mums voice echoing slightly throughout her kitchen flat.

I turn around and sigh.

"Just thinking." I reply, looking down at the now cold tea I had been nursing for the past hour that I had been down here.

"It's quite early." She frowns, wrapping her robe around herself and taking a seat next to me on the cold, leather sofa. "Is everything okay?"

"I love her, mum." I blurt out, rubbing a hand over my face as my mum looks at me, a perplexed look on her face.

"Okay." She says slowly, "Is that all?"

"Like really really love her." I continue, setting my cup of tea to the side and looking my mum in the eyes. "I want to marry her."