chapter thirty five.

February 14, 2021.

Shakily, I pull out of the parking lot of the jewelry shop, glancing at the small white bag sitting in the passenger seat

Today is Rory and I's first Valentine's day.

It also happens to be my first Valentine's day as a dad and I'm determined to make today a special day, which is why I woke up as the sun was beginning to rise and quietly snuck out of the house.

I'm hoping I can make it home before Rory and Ivy wake up so that I can cook breakfast and set everything out so it's ready for them when they walk into the kitchen.

I ordered Rory's gift a few days ago and just picked it up from the jewelers and Ivy's gift has been hiding in my trunk for the past two weeks because it's too big to bring in the house.

We've got a pretty busy year ahead of us with a baby on the way, me going on tour, filming for the movie and me being in the studio four days out of the week working on my new album when I'm not on set.

Our last day of filming is next week. After that, we have a few months off and then in September we'll be having a baby and I'll be going on tour.

Mel is also moving down here within the next month. Her health is slowly declining and Rory and I think it's best to have her be closer to us rather than being thousands of miles away.

We're thinking of moving everyone into my house, seeing as I've pretty much abandoned it since meeting Rory.

As much as I love Rory's little house, it's getting cramped and with Mel moving in and a baby on the way, it makes sense to pack everything up and make my house our home.

Pulling into the driveway, I turn the car off and grab Rory's present and the bouquet of flowers I bought her off of the passenger seat, quickly hopping out and pressing the open button for my trunk.

I grab Ivy's giant pink unicorn that's been stuffed in my trunk for the past two weeks before hitting the button again and heading into the house.

I quietly set everything onto the counter and then begin working on breakfast.

I cook hash browns, pancakes, turkey sausage and then roll out and make some homemade biscuits.

Usually, I would fry up some eggs to go along with it, but we recently found out the hard way that our baby does not like eggs.

Just the smell alone makes Rory sick so until her food aversions have passed eggs are a big no no in our house.

I pull the biscuits out of the oven and set them on the stove to cool, getting out two plates from our upper cabinet.

I make Rory and Ivy's plates, cutting the hash browns into the shape of a heart and drizzling red syrup I made over the buisc

Once I've made their plates, I set them on the table and begin working on setting out their gifts.