chapter seventeen.

October 3, 2020.

Mila got back into town yesterday and offered to take Ivy for the weekend since she hasn't seen her in a while, claiming that her and Ivy are in much need of an auntie and niece lunch date

It's currently 10:30 and Mila told me she'd be here at 11. Ivy isn't dressed yet, her face is a mess from breakfast and I still have to pack her a bag.

Rory hasn't been feeling well. She complained of a headache all day yesterday and this morning when Ivy got us up at six, she still hadn't managed to get rid of it.

I offered to get Ivy dressed and ready for Mila so that Rory could lie down and try and get some rest. Needless to say, it's taken me twice as long to get her ready.

"No silly! It goes here, not dere." Ivy giggles, pointing to a new part of her head as I pull the pink bow out of her hair for what feels like the millionth time this morning.

"I put it there a second ago and you said that was wrong!" I chuckle lightly, securing the bow in place between the two braids I had made.

"It was!" Ivy protests cutely. She's the pickiest child I've ever met, but I love her to death.

I grab a wipe out of the box on the counter and wipe Ivy's face off. We had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and she got syrup and pieces of chocolate all over her face and her pajamas.

"All done!" I smile and toss the wipe into the trash as Ivy turns to look at herself in the mirror.

"Yay!" Ivy squeals, jumping on the stool. "Thank you 'arry! Look sooo pretty!"

"You're welcome little leaf." I help Ivy off the stool and follow her to her bedroom to pack her a bag.

The only request Rory gave me was to make sure all of her outfits matched. Apparently the last time she allowed Ivy to pack her own overnight bag, nothing she packed matched.

"How long am I stayin' with Auntie Mil?" Ivy asks softly, grabbing a few toys from the corner of her room. It's a right mess, and I definitely will be cleaning it at some point while she's gone.

"Just for today. She'll bring you home to your mumma tomorrow afternoon." I pull a few shirts off their hangers before heading to her dresser and grabbing a couple pairs of shorts.

Ivy watches as I sit on the floor and begin to neatly fold her clothes, packing them into her overnight bag that I got her. It's white and has her name on it with some Ivy leaves in a pretty sage green.

"Why don't you go pick out some bows?" I suggest, watching Ivy run off to the bathroom across the hall and dig through her drawer of bows.