chapter fourteen.

⚠️ emetophobia warning ⚠️

September 21, 2020.

Waking up to the sound of Ivy throwing up on my floor was not how I planned to start my morning

I heard my door open, expecting Ivy to just crawl into bed with me, but instead I woke up to her standing by my bed crying, saying her tummy was hurting.

By the time I sat up, it was too late. She was throwing up all over my floor and the comforter hanging off of the bed.

"I'm sorry mommy!" Ivy cries hysterically, "I didn't mean to."

"It's okay bug." I say sadly, getting off of my bed, trying best not to step in the giant puddle of throw up on my floor. "Do you think you're gonna be sick again?"

"No." Ivy sniffles, "But I don't feel good."

I guide her away from the puke. "Let's get you in the bath yeah?" Ivy nods, big tears streaming down her face as we walk to the bathroom.

I start the bath water, pouring in some lavender soap to help calm her down. She hates being sick. Whenever she's sick she works herself up so much to the point where she just makes herself feel worse.

I take the throw up covered pajamas off of Ivy, throwing them onto the floor to be washed later.

After I clean up the puke, I take her now throw up stained clothes and put them in the wash, along with the towels I used to clean up the floor.

I text Audrey and let her know I won't be coming in to work today because Ivy has the stomach bug.

Once I get Ivy washed off, I help her into some clean pajamas before putting her in my bed and grabbing the trash can from the bathroom.

"My tummy hurts." Ivy's eyes well up in tears, and I know what's coming next.

I quickly sit her up, holding the trash can in her lap with one hand while the other rubs her back.

Ivy immediately throws her head into the trash can, gagging before she throws up what we had for dinner.

"There you go. Let it all out." I hold her hair back once it starts to fall towards the front of her face, letting her take hold of the trash can.

"I don't like this." Ivy gasps for air once she's done throwing up for the second time.

"I know baby, you're okay." I say softly.

Ivy continues to struggle to catch her breath, looking at me with wide, tear filled eyes.

"Ivy, I need you to breathe." I say cautiously. Ivy nods, taking slow, deep breaths. "Good girl. Why don't we try and lay down for a bit? Maybe have some cuddles."

Ivy shakes her head, tears welling up in her eyes again. "I want 'Arry."

"You want Harry?" I frown. That stings a bit. She would rather cuddle with Harry than me.