chapter forty nine.

May 25, 2021.

19 weeks and 5 days.

"One more, daddy!" Ivy giggles, picking up a blueberry

"One more, daddy!" Ivy giggles, picking up a blueberry. She shifts her body weight on the bar stool and sits up on her knees, holding herself up with one hand on the counter.

Harry leans forward and opens his mouth, allowing Ivy to gently toss it. The blueberry lands in his mouth and he chews it up, all while Ivy is cheering him on.

"Good job, daddy!" She squeals, "You got it!"

I smile from my spot on the couch and run a hand over my belly, sighing softly. I'm nearly half way through this pregnancy and after weeks of no morning sickness, it's decided to make it's return.

The thought of any fruit, yogurt or meat makes me want to vomit. The only thing I can seem to keep down is bread and oddly enough, Doritos.

I actually made Harry go get a bag of Doritos and a hot bagel at four o'clock this morning because I was craving it.

It was the only thing that sounded good to me.

"Harry." I whisper, leaning over and shoving him lightly.

He immediately flinches, turning his head to look at me, "What? Are you okay?"

"I need you to go get me a bagel with cream cheese and a bag of doritos." I pout, looking down at Harry as he groggily sits up.

"Baby, what?" He mumbles, looking over at the clock. "It's four in the morning, darling."

"I know but, your son and I need a bagel with cream cheese and doritos!" I groan. "That's all I've been able to think about for the last hour."

Harry sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Do we even have bagels?"

I shake my head and lean against the headboard, pulling up my shirt to reveal my bare stomach, "We do but, he doesn't want the ones we have here. He wants a fresh one."

Harry places a firm hand on my stomach, looking over at me with sleep still evident in his eyes, "Can he wait two more hours or does he absolutely need it now?"

Our baby boy responds to his daddy's question with a swift, hard kick to his hand. I bite my lip to contain a giggle and Harry shakes his head softly.

"You are so impatient just like your big sister, little man." Harry slides out of bed, pulling on a shirt that he picked up off the floor.

I lean over to Harry's side and he pecks me on the lips, "What kind of doritos do you want? Cool ranch or regular cheese?"

"Cool ranch, please."

If I was still with Ashton and had asked him to go get me a pregnancy craving at four in the morning, I would've ended up in the hospital, or much worse.