4 - Late Night Talking

We stumbled out of the bar, walking towards my house. Jisung kept on hugging my arm, pleading me to do stupid things with him, such as jumping in a fountain or challenging me to whoever got to the end of the street first. Obviously, I agreed to the second one, while I had to physically stop him from jumping in the fountain.

He was being really close to me, his sweet perfume filling my nostrils as we walked.

- Are you always this touchy when you're drunk? - I chuckled as he swung his arm over my shoulders.

He frowned, removing it immediately.

- I'm sorry, if you don't like it I can stop. - Shit. I had fucked up. I started panicking, sweating nervously.

- N-No, I love it! - I replied, maybe too fast. - I-I mean, I don't mind... - I fixed my gaze on the floor, still walking next to him.

- Good, because I'm always very touchy when I'm drunk, but now I am drunk drunk, so be prepared. - He giggled, swinging his arm on my shoulders once again. I face palmed laughing, enjoying the stumbling mess we were.

Suddenly, he stopped on his tracks, making me turn towards him.

- Shit, I forgot to call Chan! He's gonna be so angry, I'm fucked. - I held in a laugh as I realised he had finally cursed for the first time ever since I had met him, meaning the alcohol had had its effects. He pulled out his phone, but with much disappointment he noticed it was dead. - Can I use yours? - He turned to me with pleading eyes.

- Sure. - I handed him my phone, and he immediately started dialling his leader's number. - You've memorised it? - I raised my eyebrows.

- Obviously, for emergencies like these. - He winked, almost losing his balance as he placed my phone on his ear. - Channie hyunggg... - Jisung cooed, speaking to Chan once he answered his call. He started talking in Korean, and he seemed pretty invested in the conversation. It almost looked like as if he was convincing him to come get him.

I felt guilty, knowing that we had probably woken him up at 3 am just to force him to walk for a good thirty minutes only because Jisung and I had exaggerated with our drinking. As Jisung ended the call, I felt the need to apologise immediately.

- I'm sorry I caused trouble. I shouldn't have let you drink that much. -

- Hey, I'm a grown man, I can drink if I want to! - He acted offended, though his smile betrayed his true feelings. - Don't worry, he was just pissed because he had to change, but he was awake. -

We started walking again, this time less wobbly.

- So what are you doing tomorrow? - He asked me.

- Tomorrow I have to work. - His expression turned to disappointed.

- Where do you work? -

- In a bakery, it's called "Arielle's Chocolat". My mother is a bit egocentric. - I chuckled, imagining how it would have been to give my shop my own name.

- So it's your family shop? -

- Yeah, kind of. My mother owns it, though she never works there, since my parents live in Italy. However, since I am staying here for a month, they asked me to work there and help the old lady who actually runs the shop. -

- Oh, I understand. - He was pensive for a while before he spoke again. - So you can't hang out with me tomorrow? - He showed me the cutest puppy face ever, his eyes literally shining under the lampposts' lights. With that cute pout, I couldn't say no.

- I finish work at 6 pm, but we can hang out right after if you are free. - His expression saddened.

- Oh... I have to practice until late in the evening, so I guess it's not happening... What about Thursday? -

- The bakery is closed on Thursday, so I'm free. - He jumped and clapped his hands excitedly.

- Yes! We must rehearse for the concert, but I have some time for lunch break. - His eyes widened the split second his mind clicked. - Oh my God, we can go out for lunch! -

- Then it's set. - I smiled, his arms immediately wrapping around my shoulders. Giggling, I returned the warm hug.

- You are a really nice person, Angèle, has anyone ever told you that? - I hid my face in my hands, embarrassed.

- T-Thank you. -

- Also, you are really cute when you are embarrassed. - He said teasingly, smiling. I held the bridge of my nose with two fingers.

- You're having fun with this, aren't you? -

- Oh, come on, can't I even tease you a bit? -

'He does it with many girls. He's already done it with many others, don't think anything out of it.' was all I could think of in that moment. Once again, my heart broke a little.

- Gosh, you really are a tease, Han Jisung. - I tried to mask the hint of pain I felt growing inside. He chuckled, putting his hands in his pockets as we reached my home.

We stood in front of the little dark green door with a big golden "153" on it. At the same time, a taxi arrived, and Chan got out of it, thanking the driver.

- You called a taxi? - Jisung widened his eyes at the older.

- Only on my way here, and only because I really care about your drunk ass. - Chan walked towards us, wearing black jeans and wrapped in a black hoodie. Seeing him in real life felt so unreal, even more than it was meeting Jisung. - Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Chan. -

He flashed his smile while sticking out his hand from his pocket. I shook it, introducing myself back.

- Hi, I am Angèle. I'm sorry to meet you in these conditions and for having exaggerated a bit too much with Jisung tonight. I didn't mean to bother you this much. - I apologetically looked at him, but he laughed, his eyes sparkling with care.

- Don't worry, you didn't bother me at all. Actually, I'm glad you two had fun. - That is our best leader.

I thanked him, blushing, before turning to Jisung. He gently held my shoulders, looking at me in the eyes.

- I really want to thank you for this night, I really enjoyed it. - He stated, his smile warming my whole body.

- I really liked it as well. - I smiled back.

For a few moments, there was an embarrassing silence, broken by Chan, who was now ten meters from us, waiting for Jisung. He shouted something in Korean, but I assumed it was something along the lines of "hurry up". Jisung turned to him almost bewildered, shouting something back.

I took an imperceptible step back before looking at Jisung in the eyes, deeply inhaling.

- You should go, it's pretty late. Take care of yourself, and hopefully you won't get that bad of a hangover. - I chuckled.

- I will, thank you so much. - He faintly smiled. - See you on Thursday, Angèle. - He hugged me tightly before he sped off towards Chan.

As I was turning the key in the keyhole, I heard Chan teasing Jisung from the end of the street with a high pitched voice.

- Uuuh, see you on Thursday... - I blushed, wanting to bury myself as I closed the door behind me. The alcohol was still very present in my body, so all my emotions were doubled in intensity.

I collapsed on my bed, placing my camera on my nightstand. It took me a moment to process what had happened that night. When it finally hit me, I started kicking the air, hugging my pillow and jumping on the bed like a kid.

- I have a date with Han Jisung! - I squeaked, finally plopping on my bed. I caught my breath, turning to look at my camera resting on my bedside table.

The picture.

I immediately downloaded it on my phone, then proceeded to post it on my Instagram account. For the caption, I chose something highly cheesy, probably a decision dictated by the high alcohol amount I had in my system.

It was the chorus from "Late Night Talking" by Harry Styles.

We've been doin' all this late night talkin'
'Bout anythin' you want until the mornin'
Now you're in my life
I can't get you off my mind
🖤