25 - Seoul⛔️

I was standing nervously in front of the airport as my dad helped me unload the luggage from the car.

Alice was standing next to my mom, both of them with a forced smile propped on their faces.

- I'll come back, don't be like that! - I giggled, going to hug the three of them tightly.

My parents pecked me on my head before waving me goodbye as I entered the airport. Alice stood there with a bittersweet smile on her face, looking at me go live her dream.

I felt incredibly sorry for her, but I knew I needed to go to Seoul to have a new start and finally see Jisung again. I felt like I needed to turn my life upside down in order to forget all those months I had spent plunged into depression, and that trip to Seoul seemed to be the perfect occasion to do so.

As I waited in line at the check-in, I immediately texted him.

Angèle's photography
Sungieee
I'm at the airport rn :)
I'm so excited, I can't wait <3

Sungie's future wife
I can't wait to hug you babe, you have no idea how much I've missed you!

Angèle's photography
Cheesy <3

Sungie's future wife
I take back everything I've said.

I giggled as I kept on texting him the whole time as I waited for my gate to open.

Sungie's future wife
Babe I'm gonna be at practice when you arrive at the airport, but as soon as I'm done with it I'll rush to you, I promise <3

I smiled, though deep inside it hurt knowing I couldn't have seen him as soon as I landed. I deeply inhaled, quickly replying and then shoving my phone in my pocket, getting on the airplane.

11 hours. 11 infinite, long hours on that plane. It felt like eternity, especially because my heart was racing at the thought of finally being able to hug my Jisung again.

I couldn't sleep nor properly rest, my mind bugging itself with only one question the whole time: would I still have been pretty in his eyes?

My appearance had changed dramatically. My hair was now longer, but I had kept the red streaks.

I had also lost a lot of weight, and it showed especially in my rib cage and spine, where you could see the outline of my bones.

I lifted my hoodie's sleeves, trailing my fingers on those awful scars. They only reminded me how low and betrayed I had felt, all because of my stupid paranoia.

I threw my head back, tears threatening to fall as I breathed heavily.

I needed him to comfort me, to hug me and tell me that it didn't matter, that I would have always been pretty in his eyes. I needed to hear his voice and see him flash that cute smile of his. That was the only cure I needed.

I wiped a single tear which was trailing down my cheek, then looking at the time.

3 hours until I would have landed.

I stood up to stretch my legs for a while, eventually sitting back and choosing a movie to watch to distract my mind from its own thoughts.

Angèle's photography
Sungie I just landed!
I can't wait to see you <3

I texted my boyfriend the split second my phone connected to the airport's Wi-Fi, but not really expecting an answer, knowing he was at dance practice.

I walked towards the exit, but I suddenly stopped on my tracks when I noticed a man standing still with a sheet of paper in his hands, my name written in big, bold letters on it.